F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Wheels and Tires Items > On the hunt for wheels in the PNW region
proTUNING Freaks

01-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
bad karma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i F31 M-Sport

On the hunt for wheels in the PNW region

Hey guys, was recently involved in an accident (girl texting and driving slammed into the back/side of my car parked in front of my house) and she damaged a wheel. The insurance company is giving me about $500 for the wheel damage and I'm looking to see if anyone is willing to sell a set of 400m's or 441m's for around that price. Would also be interested in 403m's and would pay a bit more for those. Willing to go up to $1000 for the right wheels if equipped with good rubber still. Ideally looking for local pickup between Eugene and Seattle.

Thanks!

Last edited by bad karma; 01-07-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
bad karma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
That’s not the way Insurance works when someone hits you. They pay for a replacement of the part damaged. Not just $500

What wheels do you have on your car?

Unfortunately, it appears you chose the correct nick though.
I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear, I'm well aware of how it works: The wheel was damaged, and the insurance is paying the full replacement cost of a single 400m, which is $504. Rather than having the body shop buy a brand new wheel directly from BMW for that price, I am choosing to have the insurance company pay me directly and spending that money (plus a bit of my own) so I can replace all four, since $500-800ish seems to be the going price for a set of four here on the forums.

Currently running 400m's now. And the wheel damage was cosmetic, not structural, so I will be keeping the wheel. So my existing set will become my winters, and whatever I replace them with will become my summers.