F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Autotrader grazing got me all excited. Again!
proTUNING Freaks

Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #45
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
Was that the one with the square steering wheel? My sister in law had a beige one and it was truly awful - almost as bad as the Austin Princess.

Have to say it must be a close-run thing between the Allegro, the Marina and the Viva for 'most crap car of the 70's' - even after they renamed it the Ital it was awful
I'm both amused and ashamed to admit I had 2 Allegros

A white 1981 1.3 and then later a 70s poo brown 1750 TC, which my neighbour donated to me as a spares car after he saw how often my 1.3 was on axle stands. That one had the square wheel, but thankfully not the faux Rolls Royce grille

The plan was to hoik the motor out of Sir P Brown and stick it into Mister White, but in the end they were so clapped out and rusty, I saw sense and scrapped em' both. The local scrapyard was delighted to receive 2 All Aggros....not! Driving around with collapsed hydrolastic suspension was also comical.....although to be fair, quite a sophisticated system for it's time!

Shame as the 1750 wasn't a bad engine.....in the context of what I was working with

They were the days.....zero money and a need to get from A to B!

My Mum had a poo brown Marina 1.3 for 6 months, which was left by the side of the road for the police to deal with after going over a humped bridge and the sink in the boot we were taking to the tip fell through said floor

My Granddad loved his Princesses. He had 2 of them. I remember him moaning about the Ambassador he replaced them with for not being as good. Low standards back then

Last edited by TurboWeasel; Yesterday at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0