F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Adaptive suspension
Studio RSR

06-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

Adaptive suspension

I have a new car on order (430d MSport) it's build is likely some time off and there is time to make changes. I am wondering if I should have optioned the adaptive suspension.

I did not because ...

A. I could have had it on my current 5 MSport and did not and have been perfectly happy with the passive settings against a tide of recommendation for having that feature in that car.

B. The same reason I did not pick it last time, besides cost was that I imagined that anything that worked in a mode or a band so to speak may annoy as I might not agree with the factory settings. A good example of this is sport mode on the box which seems to not want to go into 8th. I can see why (keeping the engine bubbling) but when I use it knowing by the sound, that there is another gear to be had (and is given by paddle) frustrates.

So. Hence the questions.does the adaptive suspension work infinitely with smooth seamless gradation, tightening undetectably when needed and in time and does it make a real difference.
Appreciate 0