F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 4 Coupe and Convertible with same engine in same household
Studio RSR

11-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

4 Coupe and Convertible with same engine in same household

I would love the convertible but I am just not sure that I could live with its weight. 230Kgs is an awful lot.

Does anyone have long term experience of the coupe and convertible with the same engine that can offer opinion on how they feel and drive compared to each other.

It is essential that the same engine is in this comparison as I am sure that the weight would make itself known in a more powerful car and that's an easy out but only if you can afford it.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVI View Post
I would love the convertible but I am just not sure that I could live with its weight. 230Kgs is an awful lot.

Does anyone have long term experience of the coupe and convertible with the same engine that can offer opinion on how they feel and drive compared to each other.

It is essential that the same engine is in this comparison as I am sure that the weight would make itself known in a more powerful car and that's an easy out but only if you can afford it.
I would NOT go for convertible for different reason. I have Gran Coupe. My neighbour has 428 convertible. When you put them next to each it is a completely different car. Convertible looks like some old model because it has strange roof design, almost like some home made transformation. Weight is second but not unimportant thing. 230kg is unacceptable. It is as you always have 3 persons more in your car. If you look for performance, go for F32 or F36, both are beautiful and look like proper BMW. Not only acceleration is better but road holding and drive experience is different.
Moon roof would be quite enough for open air experience (with windows down)
Only my opinion. Enjoy what ever you choose
Appreciate 0