F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > sold a 328i bought a 340i how good is it?
ARMA SPEED

02-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
littleump
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 40i

sold a 328i bought a 340i how good is it?

How good are these cars when you actually look around ?
i sold my 328i for no reason than i wanted to have electric seats (stupid i know but moving the seat after my wife everyday done my head in) so money in the bank and auto trader everyday for weeks !! when you compare the spec of these or what i did have ie adaptive xenon's, headlight assist,park assist,power boot,rear camera,braking package,the door lights the list goes on etc etc its hard to decide on a car that measures up to all that. so after a good hard look at whats really out here i came to the conclusion NOTHING !! the gt has space quality and with the correct options nothing compares . my new purchase after ive looked at everything from Audi full range to ford kugas,vw tiguan,bmw 5 series (small) jags,jeeps,mercs (must be petrol due to low milage we do) we found and put a deposit on another gt 3 months old on a 2017 but the 340i full spec electric memory and heads up to name a few along with all the rest ive mentioned , anyone else have one ? whats the new engines like ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 03:35 AM   #2
yippy77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335 GT with M Sport

I know this is replying to an old post but...I got to take out a 2018 340xi GT last night. Holy sh$t is that some engine! I am in a 328xi GT now but previously had an E90 335xi sedan so I know how good the 6 cyclinders are. Even so it was better than I expected. Effortless power and sublime engine noise. It was such fun to drive and brought a big smile to my face for the limited time I had it. I want one!

Some other thoughts..

You can definitely feel the extra weight of the engine compared to the 328xi when cornering. It’s not bad or anything, just a different feel.

I was disappointed that the braking response is still less than impressive for a car of this quality, performance and price. It’s not particularly better than my 328 GT and I know they use a better braking system on the 340. I guess I will not be happy until I get the M Performance brakes? And finally - why did they have to change the I- Drive System. I guess I have been used to the same UI for 10 years or so and it was probably time for a refresh but this does not look like an improvement to me.
Appreciate 0