F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > JB4 blutooth vs dash/steering wheel controls ?
proTUNING Freaks

04-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Turbo_435i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fire Spittin 435i

JB4 blutooth vs dash/steering wheel controls ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have the JB4 & JB4 bluetooth / iphone setup.

I can do all user settings / map changes / etx thru the bluetooth which is great.

But, does using the dash/steering wheel buttons still change any of the JB4 settings ? Or does it bypass them ?

Reason im asking is..... Sometimes i hold down the end of the stalk stick to reset my mpg avg ..... And wondering if this can affect the JB4

Also, if the steering wheel buttons do actually make changes , where can i find which buttons do what ?

Lastly, what is the CAN flap mod ? Can i keep the exhaust can flap open all the time ???
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 12:25 AM   #2
slowF32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Holding it down once for 3-4 seconds will only change your can-flap option. But that's all it will do if you are only holding it down enough time to reset mpg.

You can hold the BC button down for about 3 seconds to change between different flap settings. The directional arrows on the dash will blink to confirm the change between flap settings:

Open (directional arrow inside car on dash will blink left)
Closed (right arrow will blink)
Automatic (both directions will blink)

So I would just keep an eye on the blinkers when you are resetting mileage so you don't accidentally change the flap option you want.

I use my Bluetooth app for everything besides can flap now so I don't use the jb4 settings menu at all, but if you accidentally end up in it, this is how to get out:

If you hold it the button too long and the left blinker comes on and stays lit, it means you are in the JB4 settings menu and you will see your Speed and rpm gauges change too. You have to hold the BC button down again till it changes to the right arrow as lit and then hold the button down one more time till you see both directions blink. This will mean you are out of the menu and should see the speed and rpm gauge go back to normal

Edit: here's the burger tuning video explaining it

Appreciate 2
      04-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

+1 on above..

Video is pretty self explanatory

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by douchebagbmwowner View Post
I have the JB4 & JB4 bluetooth / iphone setup.

I can do all user settings / map changes / etx thru the bluetooth which is great.

But, does using the dash/steering wheel buttons still change any of the JB4 settings ? Or does it bypass them ?
Changing the setting using steering wheels control will change the values on the JB4 settings

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
Bmwscape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive

Garage List
Is it possible to change the valve control and other settings via computer? I'm working on a F25 X35 and was told from burger that the firmware does not support steering wheel controls. If not, will the bluetooth option allow for the same setting changes as the steering wheel controls do?