F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Here she is...
Studio RSR

03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Like many of my friends I get interested in other people's cars, almost as excited as when I get my own. I posted a photo on FB when I picked it up (as i'd promised) and then commented on FB that the BMW dealership had been fantastic and mentioned the nice touches (for credit where it's due purposes). Of course that led to someone posting "humble brag" in the comments and I was quote offended by that. Any of you guys find that some people (so called friends) act in a similar manner?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #46
Johnny5iv3
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320i MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Like many of my friends I get interested in other people's cars, almost as excited as when I get my own. I posted a photo on FB when I picked it up (as i'd promised) and then commented on FB that the BMW dealership had been fantastic and mentioned the nice touches (for credit where it's due purposes). Of course that led to someone posting "humble brag" in the comments and I was quote offended by that. Any of you guys find that some people (so called friends) act in a similar manner?
You get all sorts of people mate. Don't let it get to you...they probably just jealous that's all. At the end of the day, you can spend your hard earned money on anything you want and as long as you're happy, that's all it counts.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #47
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5iv3 View Post
You get all sorts of people mate. Don't let it get to you...they probably just jealous that's all. At the end of the day, you can spend your hard earned money on anything you want and as long as you're happy, that's all it counts.
Exactly! Everyone's different!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #48
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys, i'm not one to show off or boast at all it's just disappointing. All I was doing was passing on that the dealership had been great and was recommended!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #49
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Good luck with your cars guys enjoy.
      03-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #50
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
As i'm playing footy after work today i'll be home later so will have my first drive in darkness to test out the adaptive Xenon headlights and see the interior lighting to its full effect. And less traffic too. Exciting :-)
I opted for the adaptive Xenon lights too and can't wait to try them out. Presumably you can drive everywhere at night on full beam and not dazzle anyone (other than pedestrians) !
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #51
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Don't worry about blinding the pedestrians, they are just peasants who can't afford a car
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #52
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Don't worry about blinding the pedestrians, they are just peasants who can't afford a car
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #53
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
I opted for the adaptive Xenon lights too and can't wait to try them out. Presumably you can drive everywhere at night on full beam and not dazzle anyone (other than pedestrians) !
They are simply 'THE BEST' lights I have ever experienced (the full adaptive VIZ pack I am referring to), and that includes the £2000 full LED fancy lights on the M6. Amazing.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #54
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
They are simply 'THE BEST' lights I have ever experienced (the full adaptive VIZ pack I am referring to), and that includes the £2000 full LED fancy lights on the M6. Amazing.
Yes that is what I meant as the visibility pack has the high beam assist which dazzles pedestrians but not other drivers ,rather than just the Xenons option.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #55
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Must admit after so many people went on about the vis pack, I changed from xenon only to whole package... Hope I won't be disappointed.
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #56
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Must admit after so many people went on about the vis pack, I changed from xenon only to whole package... Hope I won't be disappointed.
There is a very interesting video on the adaptives .... Clever stuff worth a watch
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #57
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

The adaptive xenons are MENTAL. It's like a disco they keep shimmering away lighting up as much as they can! Freaky following a car and seeing a dark box around it as the xenons shine around it. Hope the motors are reliable, they're working hard!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #58
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer
The adaptive xenons are MENTAL. It's like a disco they keep shimmering away lighting up as much as they can! Freaky following a car and seeing a dark box around it as the xenons shine around it. Hope the motors are reliable, they're working hard!
You're making the wait harder for me. Lol!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #59
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
You're making the wait harder for me. Lol!
its worth it,for when you first try them out
      03-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #60
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

A few days in so early observations:-

- Am slowly but surely starting to feel more confident (getting used to the dimensions of the car, where the controls are, the auto gearbox etc.
- I am better at activating the kick open function on the boot. You do have to be very central, but i seem to achieve it almost all of the time now!
- I was sure the drivers seat raised itself between setting it up on Saturday and Monday (maybe I hadn't returned the lever correctly as I have manual adjustment).
- The comfort opening seems fine but when i close it by touching the handle it seems a little more temperamental.
- Having achieved 32-34mpg on my test drive of a manual version despite plumping for the supposedly more frugal auto box and being more gentle with her whilst running in i'm struggling to get over 28mpg so far.
- Anything other than Sports mode is for vegetarians. It's the feel and performance with that switched on that I bought the car for!
- 8AT gearbox is sweet.
- Engine is responsive (in Sport mode), free revving, quiet and very refined.
- h/k stereo upgrade is fantastic. Felt like a pimp listening to Trevor Nelson collection on the way into work this morning.

I have a feeling it's all going to get better and better with each journey.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #61
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Awesome car you've got there! I agree - after seeing that video with the adaptive headlights I had to spec them!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #62
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Ooops giving the "loaner game away now"
      03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #63
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1swk

its worth it,for when you first try them out
Just been told by the dealer. I will have the car on the 12th!!!!

A whole 5 days away!

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #64
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F31 320d M Sp. xDrive

Thanks for the post Sunsceemer, reading your thoughts on your car prior to my arrival is a good thing, especially about the xDrive - Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #65
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan172 View Post
Thanks for the post Sunsceemer, reading your thoughts on your car prior to my arrival is a good thing, especially about the xDrive - Thanks
Anything else you want to ask feel free. Just about the only thing at moment i'm wishing was better was the economy, but I think it's only the shocking conditions on my commute right now that's making it far worse than hoped so far!
Appreciate 0