F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Retro Reality: The E92 M3 is still living it good.
GetBMWParts

11-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Retro Reality: The E92 M3 is still living it good.

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts,

Here is the first entry to my new blog that I will continually update with cars that I drive, think about it, or have concerns with. All in all, I hope you guys find it entertaining. Maybe one day I can start doing videos, but until then, here is the first post about the current generation M3 coupe.

Enjoy.

The E92 M3 is sill living it good.

- Kian
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Pretty much agree with everything you wrote. I know damn well my MT will be nowhere near as fast as DCT in any situation, but I don't care. I love this combo with the S65, such a visceral experience rowing the gears and shifting at over 8400RPM. There's just not many cars that can do that AND be comfortable at the same. I really do love the dual personality of this car.

Also agree about the brakes. I'd be happy with the newer blue calipers the M cars get. It just looks too boring, but BBK upgrade is just way too far out of my budget for how I drive the M (aka don't track enough). I don't find the braking power that bad, but after you drive a 991 even for just a few minutes, you all of a sudden realize the M's could be better!

Good luck with the blog!

P.S. What are you getting next btw?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Pretty much agree with everything you wrote. I know damn well my MT will be nowhere near as fast as DCT in any situation, but I don't care. I love this combo with the S65, such a visceral experience rowing the gears and shifting at over 8400RPM. There's just not many cars that can do that AND be comfortable at the same. I really do love the dual personality of this car.

Also agree about the brakes. I'd be happy with the newer blue calipers the M cars get. It just looks too boring, but BBK upgrade is just way too far out of my budget for how I drive the M (aka don't track enough). I don't find the braking power that bad, but after you drive a 991 even for just a few minutes, you all of a sudden realize the M's could be better!

Good luck with the blog!

P.S. What are you getting next btw?
Thanks!

I can't decide to be honest. But here are a few that I am considering but I have problems with all of them

M4: Turbo'd engine really bothers me. In all though it looks like a great car, so I am just waiting until some good journalists get their hands on it.
997.2 GT3: I'm super OCD and for me to get into a used GT3 it would really have to be pristine and even then I don't know if I could. There's just something special about a new car.
C2S: I feel that overall I've only read somewhat dull articles about this car. A GTS version might be the right mix though, but it depends on when Porsche will release it.
Cayman S/GTS: This is a bit of an odd ball here for me, because it is pretty small. But everyone raves about this car and now the 981 looks really good too. I know they are releasing a GTS version in Spring 2014 so it might be worth the look. I just hope it doesn't come with a ridiculous price tag that makes the M4 look like a bargain.
991 GT3: I'm not sure how I feel about this car. I love it because it's just so good, but I hate it because it reminds myself that I really am in the wrong era of automobiles for looking at new cars. The PDK is the only thing that actually bothers me.. I've driven one on the C2S and it's just nothing special to me. And yes I know it's a special version of PDK, but how special can a flappy paddle gearbox really feel? I think once you accept the fact that the paddles are just part of the car and learn to love it, it could be something special as a whole package, but I still will always feel an urge to use a clutch pedals and get that extra connection towards the car that I dread not having with my M3.
F-Type Coupe V8S: I am actually really excited about this car. I've always grown up loving the E-Type because it was my Mom's favorite car so when I first saw the F-Type roadster it was so 'cool' for a lack of better words lol. If they announce the coupe to be available with a MT, which they have been saying they would release a manual for the F-type, then it will seriously be in my cars to choose from if not in the top 3. The coupe could be a bit lighter, a bit more rigid and I think that could make it a very good car.

Last edited by ki__; 11-18-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

I see that its on Kinja (jalopnik, oppo).

There'll be bound to be weird glitches...absolutely.

Enjoyable read, and good luck with the blog.
Appreciate 0