F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > United BMW Roswell- BEST CA in the area
proTUNING Freaks

11-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

United BMW Roswell- BEST CA in the area

please PM me for details. This guy has been amazing to work with, pricing, response time, service...amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Wish I knew at the time I placed my order.. My CA was hard to deal with at first, but after we met face-to-face I started to like him. He's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier though!

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

well for future references....def. let me know i'll get you in touch with the BEST
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

I want to give my opinion on United BMW but this is for their Gwinnett location. First impression was fantastic. I was in the market to purchase 1 new and 1 used. I had placed an order for a 2014 328i sedan and in the meantime I had purchased a 2008 328i coupe w/113k miles with "as is" warranty. Car seemed to be fantastic until day 2. I noticed the front wheel bearings were bad. I noticed the noise during the test drive but hadn't thought of anything bad and just assumed it was surface rust on the rotors as the noise became more quiet as the test drive went on but did not go away. I spoke with them about it and we agreed for me to purchase the parts and they would reimburse me for both bearings but only offered to replace one side, where the noise appeared to be coming from. I mentioned to them that if only one side was done what would be the solution if noise would be coming from the other side as the drivers side noise was so prominent that it was hard to diagnose if a lesser noise was coming from somewhere else. My conclusion was correct. After getting the drivers side replaced the noise was lesser but still there and now coming from the passenger side. They refused to replace the passenger side so I realized I was on my own from here on out. So I replaced the passenger side and the car rolls a lot better but the road noise is still at the same level. During the process of changing the passenger side I noticed the moron whoever turned the rotors left a huge lip on the diameter of the rotor causing a huge pita to remove the calipers. I measured the rotors at they spec'd out at 15mm At this point I decided to do a full inspection of the mechanics of the car. I found that the tires were abnormally worn to show high/low spots and wearing of the front tires that shows the alignment is off. So off to the tire shop I go and in the meantime have on order new shocks and struts to rectify the high/low spot on all four tires. The current shocks and struts were toast. Considering what has been done thus far I make an appt to get the alignment done and now this can't be performed because the control arm bushings are worn to the point where getting it done would be pointless. I decided to replace all four control arms up front and will be replacing them tomorrow.

List of work done to this point. The bearings and shocks/struts were OEM parts. Other was aftermarket.

Front wheel bearings
Front rotors and pads
4 tires
Shocks and struts
Front control arms

I am mechanically inclined and always usually do a thorough inspections before buying anything. I expected much more from a dealer representing BMW and with this said I just overlooked a thorough inspection. I got the car for a great price, almost 4k under so it's not a money thing but an issue with the business ethics of this dealer. I have purchased many new cars in my day and this is by far the worst outcome I have had to deal with. It had been questioned during this process what the dealer does to get a car ready for resale, inspection check, service records, etc. I never received a definitive answer and nothing was provided to show me proof. I understand the clause of an "as is" warranty but this is scandalous.

I told Gwinnett that I would be no longer accepting deliver of the car I had ordered and that I was extremely disappointed with there ethics.

I headed over to Global Imports and had a dream experience. I did not get my ideal car but was extremely happy with what I did purchase. This car is a 2012 328i sedan. They willingly furnished all documentation showing service records from day 1. The car has only 13k miles.

What does everyone think? Do I have no right considering it was AS IS? Do ethics not play a role?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

I was a Global customer for 8 cars--on my 4 series, they just couldnt come close to United Roswell. I think I am done with them. On your "as is" i dont think you have much of an option. United Roswell- Jim Tompkins, you cannot go wrong with this guy.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
G30Nashville
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i

I second whomever was bashing United BMW Gwinnett

I won't go into too much detail, but in short I bought a 2010 CPO 335i Coupe that was stranded on the highway 10 days after purchase and in the shop 3 tokes the first month I owned it.

Traded it in, got my months payment back, and went with a 2013 328i.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
BMWjunkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 Avus Blue/Sakhir full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp82 View Post
I was a Global customer for 8 cars--on my 4 series, they just couldnt come close to United Roswell. I think I am done with them. On your "as is" i dont think you have much of an option. United Roswell- Jim Tompkins, you cannot go wrong with this guy.
I pretty much second the Jim Tompkins approval. Ordered my wife's e91 through him and he made it painless. I did try to work with him on another car this year for myself but he never followed up - either too busy or didn't think I was serious. I *have* test-driven more than my share of vehicles there! I did end up buying two more this year, though, so big mistake not following up with me!

Regarding Gwinnett, I've been going there for service for over ten years, which helps if there is an issue/borderline problem. I did buy my new F30 there, but it wasn't as easy as working with Jim in Roswell. For service at Gwinnett, Greg Hall is my current SA and I highly recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
TiM235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I'll throw in one more +1 for Jim at United Roswell. I have bought a few cars at Global, but Jim has been the most responsive and professional CA I have dealt with in the area. I just order a new 335i from him this week.

2015 M235i
Appreciate 0