F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Now coding in the Triangle!
Extreme Powerhouse

09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Now coding in the Triangle!

I'm now offering coding service in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. This is purely on a freelance basis; I do not own a repair shop, am not an automotive technician (bmw or otherwise) and do not professionally work with automobile systems in any way.

I can only code F-series bimmers, E-series requires totally different hardware and software which I do not have.

Here are many, but by no means all, of the things that are possible* (and probably the most popular):
  • Disable Auto Start/Stop by default (putting vehicle in Eco Pro mode will always turn it back on).
  • Disable iDrive disclaimer at start/open.
  • Turning off ignition unlocks all doors (only if they autolocked when driving away).
  • One-pull on driver's interior door handle opens and powers down electronics (if ignition is off).
  • Disable side marker lights when headlights on (this looks awesome at night with xenons).
  • Disable either or both initial seatbelt gongs and alarm if seatbelt not fastened while driving (can be coded independently for driver and passenger).
  • Change "three blink" turn signal into however many blinks you would like.
  • Allow dvd playback while car is in motion! (I advise against this but it's your choice)
  • Automatically fold in mirrors when locked with fob or CA (this can also be timed so that you have to press the fob/handle for a period of time, of
    your choosing, before they fold). Mirrors will auto-unfold when car is unlocked.
  • Hold fob unlock to roll down both windows and sunroof.
  • Allow windows to continue rolling up/down when doors are opened.
  • Allow rear, 360 top view, and front side-view cameras to operate at all speeds (these can all be independently coded).
  • Hazard lights can blink either or both inside or outside brake lights.
  • Make fog lights active when turning (left one will light when turning left, right when turning right).
  • Display turn signals in HUD!**
  • Set timing on "comfort lighting" independently when car is locked/unlocked.
  • Change default automatic cruise control following distance (can only be set to one of the four presets but it can be any one of them).
  • Use your bluetooth phone's ringtone instead of the car ringtone.***
  • Allow video playback from usb flash sticks****

* - Certain coding requires specific hardware be installed in the car but I can tell you based on your vin what is possible and not possible.
** - Not available on all F-series and/or model years.
*** - iPhones only!
**** - Only available on newer model F-series depending on which series you own.
If you're interested, send me a PM with your year, model and what you are looking for and I'll get back to you just as soon as I can!

Side note: There are a few things that just about everyone would like but are simply not possible (or nobody has figured out how to do it).
These include:
  1. Default driving mode setting to Sport or Sport+. While I can set the default mode to Comfort or Eco Pro there's no known way to default to anything else.
  2. Modifying steering or suspension behavior. The different driving modes do change one or both of these but there's no known safe way to do this via coding.
  3. Modifying Automatic Cruise Control behavior. This actually is modifiable in certain ways but I consider it too dangerous and thus am not willing to make those changes (other than setting the default following distance to a preset).

Last edited by JesseS; 09-08-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I live in Wilmington but come to Cary where my kids live. What bugs me the most is when I put car in Park, the rear doors do not unlock. Sounds like you can do this. How much?

I have also heard the if the dealer does a software upgrade all custom coding is lost. Is this true?

Thanks
      09-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
I live in Wilmington but come to Cary where my kids live. What bugs me the most is when I put car in Park, the rear doors do not unlock. Sounds like you can do this. How much?
Yes, there are things that can usually be done about that but it's hard to say for certain without running your vin #; I'll send you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep

I'll PM you with my Vin number.
      12-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

how much are you charging to do these codes? I live in fayetteville and come up to the triangle quite often.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
dlrooney
Rep
Drives: 335i

Interested in some coding. Sent you a pm
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep

Jesse did a great job. Coding works great!