F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > (919) Triangle tinting and trim wrapping?
ARMA SPEED

07-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Question (919) Triangle tinting and trim wrapping?

Can anyone recommend an excellent company in the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC) that does tinting and/or interior trim wrapping?

Thanks,

J.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

http://www.tvpauto.com

Pete is the contact, he has been doing tint and clear bra for years on high end cars in the Triangle area + here in CA as well.

"Contact TVP Auto
We are available for services Monday through Friday by appointment only. Please contact us using one of the following methods below:

Phone: 919-274-5365
Email: info@tvpauto.com
Address: 6404 Westgate Rd #101, Raleigh, NC 27617"
      07-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLBC View Post
http://www.tvpauto.com

Pete is the contact, he has been doing tint and clear bra for years on high end cars in the Triangle area + here in CA as well.

"Contact TVP Auto
We are available for services Monday through Friday by appointment only. Please contact us using one of the following methods below:

Phone: 919-274-5365
Email: info@tvpauto.com
Address: 6404 Westgate Rd #101, Raleigh, NC 27617"
Thanks much! I'll give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
Thanks much! I'll give them a call.
Hey Jesse, let me know what you find out! I'm going to be in the same boat this fall.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
Hey Jesse, let me know what you find out! I'm going to be in the same boat this fall.
Well, I'm getting tint done by them this Thursday, so I'll know soon enough.

Pricing was actually really quite good. Even 3m crystalline came out a bit cheaper than I expected (stuff is expensive, usually tint jobs w/ it are $500-$600).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
So I had the tint done yesterday (9/5/2013) at TVP Auto. I dropped the car off for about 4.5 hours.

It looks quite good, no obvious installation imperfections. It's a bit cloudy/streaky, but that's totally normal until it cures.

It's a small shop located somewhat near the RDU airport. They were very busy (yes, I had an appointment), which is good and maybe a little bad. It's good because for a small shop that means high demand which usually means they do really good work (from what I've read of reviews this is true). It can be bad if you are the type of person who likes a lot of hand-holding and really personal customer service (which I don't).

They did ask me if I wanted fully legal, which in NC is pretty freakin' light , but they also sort of said they would prefer to only go legal. I got the definite impression that they would do darker but wanted you to really insist upon it (which I did not).

I was sorta surprised that they didn't give me the standard tint speech when I picked the car up, but I've had lots of tint work done over the years so I don't really need it. In case you haven't had tinting done before and they don't tell you: Do not roll down any windows for at least 3-5 days after, maybe more if it's cold or you don't leave the car in the sun. Tint can take a very long time to cure and if you roll a window down too early you risk peeling it off which warrantees never cover.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
So I had the tint done yesterday (9/5/2013) at TVP Auto. I dropped the car off for about 4.5 hours.

It looks quite good, no obvious installation imperfections. It's a bit cloudy/streaky, but that's totally normal until it cures.

It's a small shop located somewhat near the RDU airport. They were very busy (yes, I had an appointment), which is good and maybe a little bad. It's good because for a small shop that means high demand which usually means they do really good work (from what I've read of reviews this is true). It can be bad if you are the type of person who likes a lot of hand-holding and really personal customer service (which I don't).

They did ask me if I wanted fully legal, which in NC is pretty freakin' light , but they also sort of said they would prefer to only go legal. I got the definite impression that they would do darker but wanted you to really insist upon it (which I did not).

I was sorta surprised that they didn't give me the standard tint speech when I picked the car up, but I've had lots of tint work done over the years so I don't really need it. In case you haven't had tinting done before and they don't tell you: Do not roll down any windows for at least 3-5 days after, maybe more if it's cold or you don't leave the car in the sun. Tint can take a very long time to cure and if you roll a window down too early you risk peeling it off which warrantees never cover.

Best of luck!
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the update and quick review. Post up some pics once it's cured
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
gunther
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp.

Garage List
Carbon Fiber - It's A Wrap...

Thanks to this post, I'm going to have the interior trim pieces wrapped tomorrow afternoon. I will post some pics regarding how the job turned out. I was quoted no more than $300 to wrap the interior of my 2014/435 M-Sport Vert.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
gunther
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp.

Garage List
Better Than Christmas...

Well almost... Had my 435 vert interior trim rapped in carbon fiber today at TVP Auto today here in Raleigh. I could write a lengthy post, but I won't, however let me say that the finished work exceeded my expectations, was very reasonably priced (only $200), and caused me to sit in my garage looking at the work with a smile on my face! I took some pics, however due to a storm hovering over my house, they came out too dark. I will post a few tomorrow.

All I can say is that the TVP Auto staff were very professional, were quite busy due to their high quality work reputation (one of the vehicles being wrapped in frozen black was a professional athlete-from out of state) and have earned my future business as a result.

Use their services![ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  cf6.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  108.2 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0