F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Where to purchase???
proTUNING Freaks

07-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
wolke9
apexlvr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 VW GTI;335i m-sprt ordrd

Where to purchase???

I am looking at purchasing a '13 335 M-Sport once my lease is up and am planning on doing a PCD in Spartanburg, SC. Does it really matter where I purchase the vehicle from if I am going to be picking the vehicle up there.

Have read a couple posts about loaner-vehicles an what-not, but seems like most dealerships will give you one anyways for major work, so that seems to be a non-issue. Also, forming a relationship w/ a local dealer would be good--but not at the cost of non-negotiation on pricing.

My local dealers have "fixed" pricing (non-negotiable according to CA) and a $479 doc fee so I'm not really inclined to buy from them--especially to get the best price.

The caveat is that a local dealer said they may be able to give me a good price on my current lease (ends in 4 mo) and I may have some equity in it--even at their wholesale trade-in prices.--but this doesn't sound right. I know there are early lease termination fees, etc to be aware of.

Question is--does it matter? I know what I want and how much I want to pay ($500 or less above invoice). If it doesn't, is there a thread about decent dealers that don't mind dealing w/ out-of-state purchases for the Performance Center Delivery? Not sure where to look or best way to go about this.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

The thing is that your target price is too low compared to the market and availability.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
wolke9
apexlvr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micosilver View Post
The thing is that your target price is too low compared to the market and availability.
There is already a forum mbr who posted here that they got a '13 335i M-Sport for $500 above invoice --and I would hope within 3-4 months that deal would be even easier to get. No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumithb13 View Post
I received $500 over invoice(including training fees) on my '13 335i M-Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

It may or may not be true, but let's assume it is - it still doesn't mean that this is the going price. We don't know if this dealer has a high dealer fee, and whether they honor their commitments once cars arrive.

Judging from the allocation numbers and the demand for 335 - I doubt prices will go down soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
DK21M3
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I placed an order at the dealership on Monday for $500-600 above invoice price. APR for 2.49%. Not bad. As long as you can take atleast 5% off the MSRP, then you should be good. The most I've seen is 8%.

Only problem is make sure you ask the salesman for a product number prior to putting down your $1000 deposit.

I failed to do that and now the salesman is beating around the bush. I'm calling him again on Monday and going to be livid if he doesn't have anything for me by then.

Anyways good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
DK21M3
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Well I hope so. If he doesn't, I'm going to be so unhappy. I have no choice but to keep on pushing him. These next few months is just torture...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
Well yes and no, without placing an order, he doesnt have a number to give you. Most dealerships wont place an order without a deposit bc if you disappear theyll be stuck with the car you ordered.

He should be able to get you a production number within a week of order.
they could be stuck with your order anyway, deposits are meaningless in the US, as long as you haven't taken delivery you can cancel your order at anytime and get it back, if a dealer says otherwise they are lying, just dispute the deposit on your CC and you will get your money back...

but in general its a good faith thing and after you pay it they will enter the order into their system.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolke9 View Post
There is already a forum mbr who posted here that they got a '13 335i M-Sport for $500 above invoice --and I would hope within 3-4 months that deal would be even easier to get. No?
According a website that gives lease rate information, anyone looking at getting a 2013 3 series should be offering $500 above invoice readily, but he also says that you should shoot for invoice at this point.

When I ordered my Msport I offered $500 over and thus will stick with the offer I made. They are also throwing in a set of all weather mats trimmed in red, and a set of mudguards if they are available for the Msport.

MB has some outstanding leases right now, along with pretty big discounts off MSRP. I looked at a C350 coupe and was amazed at the lease payment.
But, that's if you want an MB.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
wolke9
apexlvr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
According a website that gives lease rate information, anyone looking at getting a 2013 3 series should be offering $500 above invoice readily, but he also says that you should shoot for invoice at this point.

When I ordered my Msport I offered $500 over and thus will stick with the offer I made. They are also throwing in a set of all weather mats trimmed in red, and a set of mudguards if they are available for the Msport.

MB has some outstanding leases right now, along with pretty big discounts off MSRP. I looked at a C350 coupe and was amazed at the lease payment.
But, that's if you want an MB.
Got mine for $500 over invoice as well, and using the $1k USAA discount, so $500 under invoice for actual price. Already have a production number (week 35) and feel like I got a decent deal. Picking up @ PDC too!! I think most people who get $500 over invoice are doing half-decent.

How many people out there just go into a BMW dealership and take whatever the dealer offers price-wise?? Probably quite a few. They probaby think they are getting a great deal if the CA knocks off $1k

By doing the research and legwork--it pays off in savings big time!!

This is good 2 know, though, about the pricing continuing to come down
Appreciate 0