F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Jerk hit my parked car in the parking lot!
ARMA SPEED

06-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #23
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoilui View Post
I have an appointment next week to get a quote from a reputable shop. Ballpark quote over the phone was $500-1000 without seeing the damage in person. My deductible is $500 so even though I'm not at fault, if it's closer to $500, should I not go through insurance?
As its your money in the future, I recommend you check with your Insurance Underwriters as to how things will affect your future rates as there are a lot of people playing fast and loose with your money.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:21 AM   #24
KayTees
Tuned ///M Cars Only
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C |'20 F97 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
And what good would that do in this case?
OP stated his rear bumper was hit, so if he had a cam in the back, he would have caught it. I didn't care much about dashcams but ever since I had far too many close calls, got them installed and I feel much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #25
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTees View Post
OP stated his rear bumper was hit, so if he had a cam in the back, he would have caught it. I didn't care much about dashcams but ever since I had far too many close calls, got them installed and I feel much better.
So you are saying that

1) A cam needs to be on 24/7/365 which most are not.

2) a rear bumper cannot be hit on the side, which I have found far more common in parking lots than head on

3) a Dash cam can make out the resolution of a license plate of a car in the rear

4) a Dash cam that can actually see the license plate without obstruction from the trunk.

5) This was during the day and not at night when headlights would have most likely made reading license even harder as the Dashcam would have reduced the iris because of the headlights.

6) The offending car was from Colorado and not from a State that does not require Front License plates.

7) The offender did not see the Dashcam, break a side window and swiped it (or the memory card) taking the evidence with them ( I sure would if my concise would ever let me do a hit and run in the first place).
Appreciate 0