F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > homelink busted?
proTUNING Freaks

08-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
earsly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 AW 335i

homelink busted?

Hi All,

I just came home with a 2013 335i and trying to program the homelink garage opener. It was super easy in my e46 and my wife's Camry. However, I'm having trouble with this car. I checked some threads on here and followed directions but no luck. I can't seem to clear the codes.

Here's a video of me trying to clear the codes.

I'm comparing it to this video.

On the reference video (at 50 seconds), after he clears the code, he presses the button and it blinks fast to solid. Where as mine is just a solid light.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
CLittle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Luxury

Do you have a Sommer garage door opener? If so, doesn't look like you're pressing all the buttons to put the mirror into "sommer mode".

If you don't have a Sommer garage door opener, don't follow that YouTube video and also, don't expect the two quick flashes. That's an indicator that it is in sommer mode which you don't want if you don't have a sommer garage door opener.

If you're not able to program a non-sommer garage door opener, reply with the steps that you are doing and whether or not you have a door opener with a learn button (rolling code tech).
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
earsly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 AW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLittle View Post
Do you have a Sommer garage door opener? If so, doesn't look like you're pressing all the buttons to put the mirror into "sommer mode".

If you don't have a Sommer garage door opener, don't follow that YouTube video and also, don't expect the two quick flashes. That's an indicator that it is in sommer mode which you don't want if you don't have a sommer garage door opener.

If you're not able to program a non-sommer garage door opener, reply with the steps that you are doing and whether or not you have a door opener with a learn button (rolling code tech).
Thanks! i was going off the manual and it said two outside buttons only. Hitting all 3 buttons worked!
Appreciate 0