F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Am I in trouble?
GetBMWParts

07-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Am I in trouble?

I ordered an F30 M sport steering wheel shipped from Europe on ebay shipped with a dual stage airbag and it is expected to arrive Monday.

I just checked the Fedex website and it says Clearance Delay - Import Mississauga, ON. Right now, the item is in Newark, NJ and hasn't arrived in Canada yet but there's already a note saying that it's going to be delayed.

I know that it is legal to ship air bags as long they're declared and packaged properly and Fedex will ship them with additional fees. Has anyone had similar problems buying various car parts shipped internationally?

Also, the seller declared the value as something lesser so I'm not sure if that will be a problem either.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
gamechanger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x

no you're not in trouble. Happens all the time. I have purchased and received multiple car parts from Asia, europe etc.

the status will change , worst case there will be a delay with the delivery. Other then that, you're fine.
Appreciate 0