F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Can you set ED date?
Studio RSR

12-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
tiobueno
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i MT

Can you set ED date?

We are going to Europe on vacation in August. I want to do a ED. Is it possible to request a specific date If I order well in advance?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
tDillan
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda Accord

Yes.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Face
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

You will have a reserved date & time for pick-up.

Generally, you will want to put in your order 90-120 days in advance of pick-up, although you could order at an earlier date. I was using airline miles, so I commenced the purchase process ~5 months in advance.

You request 3 dates, they were able to accomodate my first choice. If you plan well enough in advance, you should get your preferred date. I would make sure your date does not interfere with any holidays or other dates in which the Welt will be closed. In August, most of Europe is on vacation, and the Munich factory may be down during this period, as a result you may not be able to attend a plant tour.

Lastly, you'll need to add a half day to your trip to accomodate the process. It takes about 4 hours to pick up your car from the Welt (less if you want to skip some of the presentation & the museum). I would reccomend not picking up the car on your day of arrival, so that the experience isn't marred by jetlag. Dropping off the car at the end of your vacation is efficient, keep in mind they are generally open M-F 8-5.

The most important advice is to choose a client advisor who is knowledgable about the ED process. There is also another BMW website which has a very active ED forum, you may consider reading thier forum & wiki.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
tiobueno
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i MT

THANKS! Very Helpful.
Appreciate 0