F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [90% complete] [USB AND STEREO BT WORKING!] DIY HU_NBT Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

05-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #1123
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind34 View Post
That's confusing. I got a combox with telematics, thats for sure. This device contains a SIM Card married with my VIN. I think I do NOT have a Tele Communication Box (TCB). NBT seems to be incompatible with telematics combox ? Is it possible to retrofit a TCB on USB port 3?

If I update Assist services an eCall is triggered but no update is done and after that, the item is greyed out in the menu until deep sleep of the vehicle .

That's so sad, I really do not want to miss the Assist services...

About the mic: I only got one and the call center agent can understand me clearly. I just connected the AUX wires in the trunk to the mic wiring at the big white connector coming out of the combox and connected these AUX wires in the front to the harness of the CAN filter module.
Do you have mic on the passenger side by the sun visor as well? Maybe that's why it works. The other car we installed it to only had one mic on the driver side.

As for retrofitting a TCB, I've never seen anyone do it but it's theoretically possible. There has been some guys on the E90 forum with the older CIC before the 2011 build who swapped their TCU with a CMB_ECALL and were able to keep all BMW Assist functionality.

The SIM should be the same since 3G/HSPA does not need a special SIM card whereas on HU_NBT2, you would need the ATM module instead which uses an LTE SIM card. I just don't know if the BMW Servers validate the IMEI and the ICC on the TCB if you are retrofitting. It's worth a try if you are brave.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #1124
Nevermind34
Rep
Drives: 316i 01/14

Mic

i definitely only have one mic on the driver side. I wonder if the eCall feature would still work, if i retrofit the TCB. However, I will give it a try, thank you for your help. Hopefully the TCB will have connectors for GSM and GPS like on the combox, a USB port and a big connector for the rest of the wiring without the need of destructive tool work...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 02:54 AM   #1125
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport F30 2013

Ok I finally got round to fitting mine (much help from Kitster)

Fit went quite well & fairly straightforward as I was coming from HU_Entry with no combox, the screen I received was for a LHD car so had to remove the rear trim to this for now, system powered up. Initially GPS wouldn't pick up so as Kitster suggested I went for a drive and within 10 mins it was working.

I still have to code it in this morning, although everything seems to be working already?

Couple of issues, USB in armrest isn't working? Shaved & rotated 180, will try a different USB port on rear of unit (bummer as it all refitted)

Another problem I could do with some help on is the screen shows a different car on reverse/tyre status screens, how do I get this to show correct screen... ANd a small one but I've set the time in the unit but it refuses to display it, just shows dashes where time should be.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #1126
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport F30 2013

OK so I've coded the FA part with 6NS, 609
changed build date to 0713, I assume this is the zeitkriterium (time criterion) value, my old one was 0312

Now the VO coding bit (which I don't know how to do).... I went into were I've done FDL? parameter changing stuff before and HU_NBT & KOMBI are now there so I right clicked on the folder & selected code.... it went through a process but came up with errors? car was running and NBT was on? (as a note at no point was I asked for my token PIN?)

So here I am now stuck, so any help would be great, and please try to keep it simple as I'm new to this

PS. I sorted my USB by rotating the plug in the armrest by 180 degrees also.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #1127
Nevermind34
Rep

BMW Assist

I finally got my TCB-01 but the adapter in the trunk originally plugged into the COMBOX does not match the blue 26 Pin connector of the TCB
USB and Antenna connector just fits. NBT does not show BMW Assist in the Connected Drive menu, TCB is not visible in the ECU section of E-sys... Does anyone have a clue ?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #1128
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

I have retrofitted NBT into an F20 which has 6WA extended cluster & VO coded with 609 but the navigation arrows are not displaying.

The Kombi & NBT are on different software levels - the KOMBI is on earlier software.

Is there an FDL code that needs to be changed or do I need to flash the kombi to a higher level?

Thanks
      06-16-2015, 02:33 AM   #1129
duckdonald
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530

I'm trying this CAFD,
- cafd_00000ded.caf.003_001_012
someone did?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #1130
BeatB
Private First Class
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
AUX......who cares! I've never used it.

The BT I brought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-CIC-NB...-/251525655643, no issues connecting to my iPhone 6 and 5S.

For the both the microphones, I've brought 2 male connectors (that fit the existing microphone female connector) and rewired them to 4 MQS connect pins (replaces existing pins in the emulator quadlok), I did this so I didn't have to snip any existing wires and like yourself....easier to back out
Hey Kitster,
does these bluetooth antenna with fakra connector fit in the NBT bluetooth port (beige color) or did you have to cut the NBT port to make it fit?

Last edited by BeatB; 06-16-2015 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 07:48 AM   #1131
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatB
Quote:
AUX......who cares! I've never used it.

The BT I brought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-CIC-NB...-/251525655643, no issues connecting to my iPhone 6 and 5S.

For the both the microphones, I've brought 2 male connectors (that fit the existing microphone female connector) and rewired them to 4 MQS connect pins (replaces existing pins in the emulator quadlok), I did this so I didn't have to snip any existing wires and like yourself....easier to back out
Hey Kitster,
does these bluetooth antenna with fakra connector fit in the NBT bluetooth port (beige color) or did you have to cut the NBT port to make it fit?
No cutting, it just fits.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #1132
BeatB
Private First Class
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
No cutting, it just fits.
Ah great. Now I see its an universal connector ^^

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #1133
Nevermind34
Rep

Does anybody have an idea about my TCB-01 NBT retrofit issue ?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #1134
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F34 LCI MY2019

Hello!

Very interesting topic...

I'd also like to retrofit the 8,8" display and Nav Prof. My car will be a 2015 F34 with radio Prof. Will the older CIC head unit still work in this car? I don't really need all the features of NBT, just a cheap solution to get the big screen and general gps function.

My car should have a combox (?) as it has the newer handsfree bluetooth incl streaming etc. If so, I could avoid the wiring issues of NBT as CIC has not integrated this function?

What do you retrofit pros think? Possible project or do I have to go for NBT?

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #1135
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TePee View Post
Hello!

Very interesting topic...

I'd also like to retrofit the 8,8" display and Nav Prof. My car will be a 2015 F34 with radio Prof. Will the older CIC head unit still work in this car? I don't really need all the features of NBT, just a cheap solution to get the big screen and general gps function.

My car should have a combox (?) as it has the newer handsfree bluetooth incl streaming etc. If so, I could avoid the wiring issues of NBT as CIC has not integrated this function?

What do you retrofit pros think? Possible project or do I have to go for NBT?

Thanks in advance...
If you have a 2015 F34, you're probably better off buying a hardware activation module and loading the codes for business nav as opposed to retrofitting CIC. HU_ENTRYNAV is nav capable and it's just a matter of activating it .

HU_ENTRYNAV is way better than HU_CIC and has far more functionality. If you retrofit CIC, you would need to also retrofit a combox or else you will have no USB playback and Bluetooth handsfree functionality.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #1136
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. This means my 2015 HU_ENTRY has the USB and Bluetooth funcionality integrated (and no external combox)?

So your suggestion is to buy a HU_ENTRYNAV (the new Business nav) and retrofit this? But so far I've never seen this HU to buy used and I don't want to spend thousands for a new one. Or did I understand you in a wrong way?

Last edited by TePee; 07-20-2015 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #1137
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TePee View Post
Thanks. This means my 2015 HU_ENTRY has the USB and Bluetooth funcionality integrated (and no external combox)?

So your suggestion is to buy a HU_ENTRYNAV (the new Business nav) and retrofit this? But so far I've never seen this HU to buy used and I don't want to spend thousands for a new one. Or did I understand you in a wrong way?
You should already be on HU_ENTRYNAV if it was manufactured from July 2014 or later and yes, the Bluetooth and USB is integrated to the head unit.

I believe you can enable Nav on that head unit but you would need to load the enable codes to it and code it with business nav on your FA. Not sure if this will require a software update or not. In theory, you should be able to take the fsc codes from another 2015 model vehicle that has business nav and load them to yours while using an activation emulator.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #1138
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

This means the hardware is the same at HU ENTRY (2015 Radio Prof.) as well as at HU ENTRYNAV (2015 Navi Business)!? If so, this is very interesting.
By the way I read that at this new Navigation Business you can change the resolution fitting the big 8,8" display. If the new Radio Prof. has the same main hardware, it should also be possible?

I will get the car in 2 months, this is why I have to ask every detail. I just can't go out and check it. But I want to be prepared and already collecting parts
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #1139
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Correct, the new entry and business nav (not CHAMP 2), are the same unit. The only difference is the business unit has navigation a FSC code.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 02:48 AM   #1140
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

That sounds great, many thanks!
Let's see once I'll have the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #1141
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Correct, the new entry and business nav (not CHAMP 2), are the same unit. The only difference is the business unit has navigation a FSC code.
I canīt wait Iīve checked pics of the new entry HU and its connections. As attached I canīt see any contact for GPS antenna!? There is just radio (white+black) and bluetooth (tan).
Or do you think you can retrofit GPS-contact at one of These "blind-contacts"?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #1142
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind34
Does anybody have an idea about my TCB-01 NBT retrofit issue ?
You're most likely going to need to repin the connector from your cmb_ecall to match the pinout of the TCB.

Here's the wiring diagram for TCB. CMB_ECALL and TCB both us BODY_CAN to communicate but CMB_MEDIA communicates over MOST.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #1143
Mike_Aviator
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT F34

Hi everyone! I've got a small issue with my retrofitted NBT. I used to have CHAMP2 with S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES and S6ABA STEUERUNG TELESERVICES and I always had an option "Automatic Teleservice call" under Connected Drive section. However I don't have it in retrofitted NBT. Does anyone know how to restore it?

Last edited by Mike_Aviator; 07-23-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #1144
ermonee86
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Just got this response back on another forum on what is required to make the y cable:

Get then from a BMW dealer:

Male connector = 61 13 6 925 611
Female connector = 61 13 6 984 750

Pin for female connector = 61 13 0 006 626 - you need 8
Pin for male connector = 61 13 0 005 198 - you need 4

Just checked with my dealer spares department and they will have them in for Monday!!
Hello! Im retrofitting HU_entry to HU_NBT, my car hasn't got microphone and I have bought one, but I need the cable to connec it at the NBT.
I'm not sure what pieces I have to buy to build that, can someone tell me what pieces I need?

Thank you so
Appreciate 0