F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Spotify in iDrive: have an iPhone constantly connected in armrest
Studio RSR

04-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #23
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoelshipp View Post
I am looking for a solution as well. I hate having to open my phone , open Spotify, tap the play button and hope that all happens in the correct order so that my album art and everything will display correctly. I swear, it really annoys me.
Your best options are to either have a second iPhone/iPad or have a jail broken iPhone. That's how I do it. you use an app called Activator and I have it set up to double tap the lock screen clock and it opens Spotify right there on the lock screen.
I assume depending on your car you may have an extra steps after that but on my car, which is a BMW, once it sees the Spotify app open, it automatically starts playing from where I left off before. Still not completely hands-free but it does make things a lot easier more for me
Appreciate 1
perezr10140.50