F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Its is officially in Aussieland!!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #23
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
How did they get it through customs so quick? I was under the impression it took 2 weeks to get through. J1n you getting the free 3 year service they are offering? I got a call today telling me my car was on the ship, they didn't realize I knew the ship was landing in Melbourne on the 6th, they did say they will try to get me in the car before the 31st as to get the 360 deal.
In regards to turning the ASS off, I was advised that doing so will affect the way the computer works out the economy on the car or something like that and was adviced to leave it as is, which I will as it doesn't bother me in any case
I'm so looking forward to it. I've actually started my check list so that I'm not over excited and forget stuff

Well it really took like 5 working days to clear customs and 2 days more to get transported to the dealer as far as I can tell. Another 2 days to rego it and prep.. that should be about right 10 working days. But having said that I guess it also depends what sort of resource the dealer has to get all these done in the timeframe you require.

This time around I found myself keep having to inform the dealer of the status of my vehicle. He didn't even know it was arriving today until I rang and got him to look it up.

I wont be getting the 3 years service free , I think thats because Im on some corporate plan thing which has a 4 year service free/60k's
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #24
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Grats J1n! Saturday will be an awesome day for you I'm sure.

AAMI? Really? Reminds me of the saying "the bitterness of poor quality will be remembered long after the sweetness of the low price".
Dabaitu, I haven't had any experience in claiming through insurance therefore I'm not very sure which really offer the best cust service in terms of claims.

Any experience you guys can share?

PS- Where are your cars!!! Anyone else expecting theirs this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #25
Mike.T
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
My car arrived at the dealer today.. I will be picking it up Saturday.. !

Dealer tried pushing it to next week >.>

AAMI is giving me grief as msport is not in the system.

Hopefully by Breezetag replacement comes by then.
Oh happy days!! Congrats mate!!!
Given the time you've already waited I can understand you would have given the big to next week. I would have done exactly the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Good question about insurance, I was going to go back to NRMA since they quickly quoted $800 for the F30 and with the windscreen cover which is a MUST if you have the HUD. Real insurance is quite cheap I have my X5 with them for $880 for 7500 km usage a year which is the most i do usually, NRMA was $1800 on the X5, GIO was $1200 on the X5 also. Will be ringing around next week when I get some free time from work.
Appreciate 0