F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 / F31 LCI owners with Park assist , Need your help please
ARMA SPEED

05-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
ehssan_alkhiyami
I don't drive fast , i fly very low
Germany
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 , F31 320D Xdrive

F30 / F31 LCI owners with Park assist , Need your help please

Hello guys ,

I'm doing Gen2 park assist retrofit in my Pre-LCI F31 , many thread on this forum and other Russians and German forums have a very nice in details procedure which is amazing . but I reached a closed road now while trying to figure out the right location of the rear bumper park assist sensors .

If anyone with Park assist LCI F30 or F31 could help in any kind of measurement will be highly highly appreciated .

Maybe measuring the distance from the center of the side rear parking sensor to the center of the park assist center , and from the center of park assist sensor till the edge of the rear bumper as showing in the picture .

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
F30 LCI

Center point to centpoint:

A=15cm
B=36cm

Hope this is helpful to you...
Appreciate 2
      05-19-2018, 02:56 AM   #3
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
F30 LCI

Center point to centpoint:

A=15cm
B=36cm

Hope this is helpful to you...
I can't be any happier than that , appreciate it mate big big time.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami View Post
I can't be any happier than that , appreciate it mate big big time.

You're welcome. I hope it works. If I were you I would go to your local BMW Dealership and see a car first hand and double check the measurements to confirm and just to make certain there is no difference between a US spec and an EU spec version of the F30.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
You're welcome. I hope it works. If I were you I would go to your local BMW Dealership and see a car first hand and double check the measurements to confirm and just to make certain there is no difference between a US spec and an EU spec version of the F30.
I've spent the last 2 months visiting several dealers around my area, unfortunately here in Germany the new cars are handled differently comparing to other countries since it's manufactured few 100's KM from my city ( at least in my case ) , people simply configure their cars even at the dealers and have their car ready in no time . dealers usually have sample and test drive cars with minimum options when it comes to 1, 2, 3series.

I found many F30's and F31's new and used at the dealers but non of them had Park assist .

and also from looking at pictures online , all US and ECE version of F30 and F31 have same exact sensor location .
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #6
The Airman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3s

Quote:
Hello guys ,

I'm doing Gen2 park assist retrofit in my Pre-LCI F31 , many thread on this forum and other Russians and German forums have a very nice in details procedure which is amazing . but I reached a closed road now while trying to figure out the right location of the rear bumper park assist sensors .

If anyone with Park assist LCI F30 or F31 could help in any kind of measurement will be highly highly appreciated .

Maybe measuring the distance from the center of the side rear parking sensor to the center of the park assist center , and from the center of park assist sensor till the edge of the rear bumper as showing in the picture .

You might need to do more measuring.

I think your line "B" could be any length because you do not pick a reference point for line "A".

On my car, on line "B", at 37cm, is the blind spot detection sensor.

So what I did was use the BMW Roundel in the center of the trunk lid as a center line.
-Drop straight down to the bumper and make a center line mark.
-The first sensor under the license plate is 30cm from the center line on the bumper and the sensor in your picture is 43cm from that.
-The sensor in your picture is 73cm (line"B") from the center line on the bumper.
-Using a flexible cloth measuring tape to follow the body contour, the sensor in your picture is 25cm below the bottom of the tail light.

2021 i3s AC Schnitzer
BMW CCA #67486
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1453.00
      05-20-2018, 02:36 AM   #7
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Airman View Post

I think your line "B" could be any length because you do not pick a reference point for line "A".

So what I did was use the BMW Roundel in the center of the trunk lid as a center line.
-The first sensor under the license plate is 30cm from the center line on the bumper and the sensor in your picture is 43cm from that.
-The sensor in your picture is 73cm (line"B") from the center line on the bumper.
-Using a flexible cloth measuring tape to follow the body contour, the sensor in your picture is 25cm below the bottom of the tail light.
thanks for your contribution , I know what you mean about the B measurement , I will be using the bumper support brackets from F31 LCI with Park assist as it has a special sort of pocket where the sensor sits in , so all i needed is close figures of the sensor location then with the help of the bumper support brackets I will be able to tell the exact location . few mm off the OEM location is not a big comparing to the size of the car .

the blind spot sensor are exactly at the corners or the rear bumper ( right above the rear PDC right and left sensors ) , so I'm not sure which BMW which has at 37cm from the side sensors there is blind spot sensor . ??

Last edited by ehssan_alkhiyami; 05-20-2018 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I think your idea is really good. The roundel is the center of the trunk and it is an know reference point. Good thinking.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
The Airman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3s

Quote:
thanks for your contribution , I know what you mean about the B measurement , I will be using the bumper support brackets from F31 LCI with Park assist as it has a special sort of pocket where the sensor sits in , so all i needed is close figures of the sensor location then with the help of the bumper support brackets I will be able to tell the exact location . few mm off the OEM location is not a big comparing to the size of the car .

the blind spot sensor are exactly at the corners or the rear bumper ( right above the rear PDC right and left sensors ) , so I'm not sure which BMW which has at 37cm from the side sensors there is blind spot sensor . ??
Ok. I am wondering also.

Here is a picture of my dirty car. It has rained here almost every day, but in the picture you can see the rear sensor that is 25 cm below the taillight, and 37 cm from that you can see the side sensor, which I "thought" was the blind spot sensor. Now I'm not sure what that side sensor is for, unless it is for PDC with Side Protection, which I have.

Name:  100_2009.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  495.4 KB

2021 i3s AC Schnitzer
BMW CCA #67486
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 03:41 AM   #10
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ok. I am wondering also.

Here is a picture of my dirty car. It has rained here almost every day, but in the picture you can see the rear sensor that is 25 cm below the taillight, and 37 cm from that you can see the side sensor, which I "thought" was the blind spot sensor. Now I'm not sure what that side sensor is for, unless it is for PDC with Side Protection, which I have.

Attachment 1827866
aaah OK OK , now I know what you mean by Blind spot sensor , that is the park assist sensor which is only available in LCI F3x and this is what exactly the thread is talking about here .

so then in your measurement you say from the center of the PDC sensor till the center of the Park assist sensor is 37CM ? , have you used cloth measuring tape as you mentioned earlier ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0