F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DIY car detail.
proTUNING Freaks

04-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #67
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
I spent around 8-9 hours doing the Z4 yesterday! I could justify the 335d being done professionally as it was new and didn't really need correction or too much prep, but the Z4 hadn't been protected since the autumn and was in need of some TLC! Being Sapphire black it does clean up well but is horrendous for the swirls and light scratches.

So it was washed (snow foam/2 buckets/lambswool mitt) then spent ages removing all the tar spotting, then washed again, then clayed all over. Then I machined polished the entire surface to reduce the swirls. Then I used Poorboys black Hole glaze all over, followed by Poorboys EX-P, which is a Sealant with Carnauba.

I really need to get myself some of this Dodo juice stuff that you guys all rave about! I just used the stuff that I have in the garage already, and most of it I'm pretty happy with, but always good to try new things!

I didn't get any pics as it was almost dark by the time I finished, will try today. I do enjoy the process of detailing ones own car, but with 2 cars to look after I am pleased that the 335d has a semi-permanent nano-coat that minimises the care it needs! If the Z4 took me 8 hours then god know how long a tourer would take!
Try some lime prime lite for swirls etc.
Plenty dodo for black paints, purple haze pro is good, and mix of that and blue velvet would work. Or try some rain forest.
You can get a panel pot mix, panel pots will easily do your Z4, that might be best starting point.

http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-...car-waxes.html
Lime Prime Lite has no polishing abrasives. It's just a pre-wax cleanser. Ideally for pre-polished cars to give a deep gloss to wax/seal.
Lime Prime (original) is a mildly abrasive polish and pre-wax cleanser. I used it by hand on the Yaris. Works a treat for freshening up older paint. Great gloss and depth of colour with SNH and then SNW on top.
I used Supernatural Micro Prime on my cars new paint, less abrasive than Lime Prime and still a great pre-wax cleanser.
      04-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #68
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
Lime Prime Lite has no polishing abrasives. It's just a pre-wax cleanser. Ideally for pre-polished cars to give a deep gloss to wax/seal.
Lime Prime (original) is a mildly abrasive polish and pre-wax cleanser. I used it by hand on the Yaris. Works a treat for freshening up older paint. Great gloss and depth of colour with SNH and then SNW on top.
I used Supernatural Micro Prime on my cars new paint, less abrasive than Lime Prime and still a great pre-wax cleanser.
Very true my bad. Brain fart was thinking of micro prime. Lime would probably be a bit too much.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #69
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
I'm glad it worked for you also. The Supernatural Hybrid us an amazing wax/sealant, such deep gloss...

I'd love to see a picture of how your Glacier Silver came out.
Not easy to get pics on my street but here are a few ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #70
Bizcam
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xD M Sport

Had a chance to give her a wash.Tested the new G3 mit with the G3 detailer, polish and a wax.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #71
JoshB25
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 318d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcam View Post
Had a chance to give her a wash.Tested the new G3 mit with the G3 detailer, polish and a wax.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #72
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Lovely finish.
      04-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #73
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Looks lovely in silver and beautiful finish on the paintwork mate!
First F32 I've seen, apart from my own with body coloured air breathers! Really looks good are you like and hate the 'seals ears' when they're in high gloss black on the M Sport?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #74
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcam
Lovely! Black cars just look the business when you finish them. Shame they don't stay like that long in the uk
      04-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #75
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin
Quote:
I'm glad it worked for you also. The Supernatural Hybrid us an amazing wax/sealant, such deep gloss...

I'd love to see a picture of how your Glacier Silver came out.
That looks fantastic. I love the reflections and gloss from SNH. Your car has picked up a fair bit ok a hazy sky blue in these shots.

Great work.