F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > USB stick: NO INPUT problems
Extreme Powerhouse

10-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
pemz
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F30 ... G30 soon

Exclamation USB stick: NO INPUT problems

Hello!

Before posting this new thread, I've searched the forum already on problems with USB sticks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find an answer to my problems.

I have a 128gb stick with file system: exFAT. I wan't to play MP4, MKV video's in my car, but it doesn't go without problems. When I put the stick in the car, I can search and see the files. So when I start one video, it plays perfectly, but here comes the problem: when I go again and search for other files to play another video, I get a message on my screen: USB: NO INPUT. It shows the USB stick as if it were empty. Still the video which I have already started continues with playing.

Restarting the NBT unit doesn't help. It reads the USB stick again and it automatically starts to play the video which was already playing before resetting the NBT unit.

Do you guys also have this problem and do you have a sollution? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Try formatting it with FAT32, not exFAT. You need to use a FAT32 formatting utility. There are a bunch available for download. I have a 320gb HDD formatted with this utility that works fine with NBT
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
pemz
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F30 ... G30 soon

Thanks for the answer! However I have found a sollution haha. Basically there wasn't any problem at all. The thing is when you want to search for videos, you have to press on SEARCH MORE MEDIA button in the menu. Here you can search for videos. If you search with the normal search button, it will only show music files and not other file formats.
Appreciate 0