F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > The Joys Of 1st MY Ownership And Quirks It Brings!!
Studio RSR

08-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
UPDATE:The Joys Of 1st MY Ownership And Quirks It Brings!!

Update; So my 335i has been in the shop sinse Wednesday, to fix this Wiper sensor issue. I was suppose to get it back Thrusday, then they called me and said the porgramming is not complete, and I can pick it up today (Friday). Well they called me earlier and stated, yeah we need to keep your vehicle over the weekend it seems were having trouble with this software and we need to keep working on it.

Im not happy that its still in the shop, but damn its just data download it and lets go! Someting tells me there is more to it then just this! Ill keep you guys posted....
Attached Images

Last edited by Jadar; 08-17-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
UPDATED
      08-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
its a shame your introduction to Bmw isnt how many of ours was ie, with your car in 'the shop'. persist with the brand and you shall reap the rewards!
I know its not that serious of an issue, its just that the dealrship has to keep it for data download. As long as no hpfp or serious turbo issues Im very content. The small stuff we all live with..

Its my second 3 series, and I can say it definetely wont be the last. Every car manufacturer has kinks to work out, especially when its a brand new model year. But I knew that when I was thinking of getting an f30.

I stepped it up from a 328 and took a chance on the bad rep 335i (hpfp). And honestly its been a joy to own. Who knows I may even one day step up to an M3 but we will see thats pretty expensive new. Maybe cpo or something....
      08-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
F30Driver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport RWD

This is my first BMW and my first brand new vehicle. Review my previous posts an I have suffered FEM/Wipers issue twice now.

I don't mind it's in the shop. I get to try all the different loaners whilst it's in the shop! And maybe the fact I am only owning it for 3 years before stepping up to M3 then Im not too fussed it is sometimes 'broken' - it isn't really mine. It's a liberating feeling! All the little swirly marks etc also don't bug me anywhere near as much as if it was 'mine'.

But I love the car and it won't be my last Beemer - that's for sure!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows2100 View Post
This is my first BMW and my first brand new vehicle. Review my previous posts an I have suffered FEM/Wipers issue twice now.

I don't mind it's in the shop. I get to try all the different loaners whilst it's in the shop! And maybe the fact I am only owning it for 3 years before stepping up to M3 then Im not too fussed it is sometimes 'broken' - it isn't really mine. It's a liberating feeling! All the little swirly marks etc also don't bug me anywhere near as much as if it was 'mine'.

But I love the car and it won't be my last Beemer - that's for sure!
Do you have any more details, on exactly the FEM wiper issue is? All they keep telling me is they werent able to download the 4 part software into my car yet. They said they 1st have to download it into their system, and then into my vehicle, and they said that my car is still on the 3rd part....

Yeah Im not so much worried, I just miss it. I look forward to being an M3 owner one day. And thats the car that I actually want to keep for years to come. Something about that ///M its magical..
      08-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
F30Driver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport RWD

You'll need to search the forum. I'm on iPhone so not fully functional on here. But there's a whole 5 or 6+ page thread about the issue!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows2100 View Post
You'll need to search the forum. I'm on iPhone so not fully functional on here. But there's a whole 5 or 6+ page thread about the issue!
Yep, found it. Tons of info on it for such a new car. Seems BMW has some patching up to do. Although my symptoms are slightly different but still related issues! I just want it fixed sonincan continue on to my happy motoring.