F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Picked up Limited Edition BMW 435i ZHP Coupe
ARMA SPEED

01-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #111
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

OP,

Congrats on great looking car. I do like at few angles more than M4. Great decision.

I had 2003 ZHP and '05 Competition at the same times back in 2005 and ZHP was my daily.

Enjoy your car
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #112
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
Not to put words in the mouth of OP, but a few thoughts:

fuel economy
ride comfort
lower insurance rates
4 series aesthetics (some find the 4 GC more attractive than f30/f80)
Better daily driver
Exclusivity (production run of 100 is very, very low when compared with F80)

Given his level of enthusiasm, I'm sure the OP didn't overlook the M3 but decided that this car was right for him for whatever reason. Rather than second-guess his purchase because it might not be what I would have gotten for myself, lets congratulate him on having such an awesome and exclusive BMW!
Well said. Agree with all of the above. One day I'll get an M car, just not yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #113
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee500 View Post
Man that car is so sick!! The only thing that would make it better is if you could take the black 19 inch wheels from the m4 and spec those out for the stock wheels. I might actually take this over the M4
Thanks! It's a head turner for sure. Lots of people looking at it wondering what it is. Some have asked if it's an M. I didn't buy it to trick anyone into thinking it is an M. Loving it so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #114
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilberGrau ZHP View Post
Absolutely beautiful- quite a long way from mine!

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #115
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThree_driver View Post
Beautiful car! Congrats on a fine pick up
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
It looks fantastic!
It may be quite expensive, but comparing it with an M is out of place.. Because a stock car is not so special
Thanks for the love
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #116
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deplaya View Post
My thoughts exactly. What is special about this car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
I was more curious in asking OP why. It wasn't meant to detract the car, I think it's awesome. But insurance rates shouldn't be a huge difference (especially if you can afford a 70k vehicle)
Fair question.

First it's one of 100 ZHP's. Pretty exclusive. I paid less than a base M3. I also wanted a coupe, so would have looked at the M4. Take a 4 series and put in an LSD, tuned N55 (I bet it's a different tune than the basic PPK you can get), and exhaust and it's a sick 4 now. Love this car. I had a 335 before this and this car is just totally more fun to drive. I'll get an M one day...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #117
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Nice. Just make sure to take the blue plastic off of the door sill.
LOL, I did after taking the pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #118
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
I dig that diffuser! So does it come with a tuned N55?
It does, the PPK. I wonder though if there is some special tuning only for these cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4FOREVER View Post
Nice ride
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
Looks great in black. Love it. Enjoy!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Wow. The ZHP 435i styling is what the M4 could have been.
Without all that self-conscious bling.
Especially those fugly "M Mirrors."
Agreed, I like the M4 but this car just looks sleeker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Damn, that looks really good, especially for a borderline M car
Thanks! Thats what i thought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1PericoM3 View Post
Very nice!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "El Jefe" View Post
Congrats!!! Very Exclusive!

Thanks!

I suggest wheels spacers and nothing else.
Good thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Love it!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
That is pure rock star. Enjoy it and be safe
I will. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
The one at the dealership was about $62k.

I know people ask why not M3...and it's all about personal preference.

I'm not OP but one reason I see is you get a fully loaded car that looks incredible vs an M3 with zero options. 90% of the people on here never track their M3. Just my thought however...

The car is pricey for what you get but holy shit does it have a presence in person. I went a week after I first saw it and they had already sold it...these things move quick.
Agree. I wanted a coupe. So the M4 would have been what I looked at. I just don't think I would have been able to get the M4 with the options I wanted on it for what I'm paying for this. One day I'll get an M....

I actually thought about taking it to Mid Ohio during one of the BMWCCA local chapter's track days. The ZHP is described on the sticker as a track package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2the3 View Post
How's the handling? Any body roll?
Handling is amazing, and coming out of corners with the LSD really allows the power to be put down and rockets you out of a corner. Very easy to break the tires lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Sound clip of MPE please!
Will get that recorded ASAP! Love a cold start. Perfect sound. Also like the notes in sport mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeeper View Post
Nice--is the spoiler black or cf?
CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post
Ok, wheels suck, and gas peddle and brake peddle suck. Rest is pretty ok. Oh and it could be a little lower too. Just saying.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Special ride right there
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
Another 'special' edition that does nothing other than burn the wallets of original owners. Glad to see OP is leasing. BMW, please do better than this.
Yeah no way was I gonna buy this. My target payment was lower than the buy price and my previous 335 was a purchase and I just wanted to get away with residual value of a purchase. My salesperson told me to never buy new from BMW due to the residual. The deal is always with leasing. I have to say though given the limited numbers I may be very sad to give this back. I bet buying it at the end would be a terrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deplaya View Post
Not to divert away from this topic, but $799 won't get you an M3 with zero options. I'm only $10 away from that and the only thing i'm missing is carbon ceramics and full leather.

Anyways though, it's a cool car. OP, enjoy it in good health.
What about the M4? I wanted a coupe. You were able to snag an M3 for $810 a month and it's not a base M3?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #119
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
This is a wonderful car- but there's no such thing as "borderline M".
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
Thanks, also noticed no LEDs.. Does it come with tech, premium and winter packages?

No LED's. No winter package. I'll post the sticker after work.

My previous 435xdrive had a sticker of 62.5. I guess with 7k worth of accessories they needed to cut some packages out to keep the price down below m3 territory.
No LED's. No winter package. I'll post the sticker after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
nice,
congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerzasty View Post
Good looking car and I think it's great that you're running 18" - more flexibility and everyday comfort. Enjoy!
Thanks. 18's is big enough here in NE Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchiProf View Post
Absolutely gorgeous car! Congratulations!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
This is what the standard 435i w/ Sport/M Sport Pkg should be if you ask me.

Great looking car, I think I like it better than the M4.
The M4 is nice, but this car has a sort of sleeper look to it. Like a Darth Vader sort of look.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #120
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Wow, when I first posted this I never thought it would hit the front page News on bimmerpost. Lots of love, really appreciate it. Spent the last 3 years here with my 335, was just looking for more. There is something different about this car. So much more fun to drive than the 335. The big differences for me is the LSD, DCT, and tune. Really transforms this car. I test drove a manual 435 xdrive with the PPK at the same dealer and this car is hands down more amazing to drive. Being in NE Ohio, I was a bit nervous not getting xdrive, but decided to take a chance with snow tires. Glad I did. Haven't had the snow like previous years but what we've gotten it's not bad. The xdrive just seems to be an afterthought for BMW.

Interesting how this morphed into a comparison between the 435 ZHP, the M4 and the M3. I only wanted a coupe which takes out the M3. So can you really say I could have gotten a well equiped M4 instead? To me the M4 is different. Looks different. Awesome don't get me wrong, but there is a sort of sleaker look to this car compared to the M4. Darth Vader comes to mind when you look at this car. I just can't believe I could have gotten an M4 for what I'm paying for this car.

Interestingly it doesn't have the option to get heated seats or steering wheel. Wonder if that was a weight decision by the engineers??

The front lip is CF and the spoiler is CF. The rear splitter is sick, just everything about this car is awesome.

Also maybe outside an M, not many BMW vehicles that come from the factory without run flats. God I hate those. This has the Michellin PSS. BMW put some fix a flat and a pump in the trunk.

Again, thanks for all the love...

I'll try to get the window sticker posted and a clip of the exhaust.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #121
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congratulations! Love it in all black!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #122
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubspec330i View Post
OP,

Congrats on great looking car. I do like at few angles more than M4. Great decision.

I had 2003 ZHP and '05 Competition at the same times back in 2005 and ZHP was my daily.

Enjoy your car
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #123
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Congratulations! Love it in all black!
Thanks! Never thought I'd like the murdered out look, but the orbit grey wheels really look nice. I had chrome trim on my previous 335, love the shadowline trim much better
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #124
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

Looks GREAT!! Congrats on the sweet looking, "100 only vehicles-of-a-kind" ride!
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #125
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by schach23 View Post
With what packages? Other than heated seats and heated steering wheel, I bet if I optioned on up it would have been more. I am sure the dealer would have pushed me that way as well (good dealer).
I got mine with M adaptive, LED, extended leather, 19 inch wheels.
      01-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #126
Bucki14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Novitec Ferrari FF

So basically this is what a M435i would be? I mean this thing comes with EVERYTHING one would want on a 435i! Absolutely superb. I live in Ohio as well in the cbus area I see your up north? I'd love to check this out one day.

As others stated black chrome tips, debage, darker tint and this thing will be stunner.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boostedtrav_/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #127
KELVIN7
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes AMG C63S

Garage List
I'll rather get a M4 personally
BMW F30 335i M Performance Edition
BMW E92 335is
BMW E92 328i
Lancer Evolution X MR
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #128
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Car looks great OP! How in the word do you get a deal like this??
Probably a 10mile/yr lease which will increase the residual. The important question is what was the cap cost on his M.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #129
bigsid05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 MG/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Probably a 10mile/yr lease which will increase the residual. The important question is what was the cap cost on his M.
12K/year (61% residual at that time). Cap cost just north of $70K (I negotiated off ED invoice).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #130
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
12K/year (61% residual at that time). Cap cost just north of $70K (I negotiated off ED invoice).
48 month? What was your MF?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #131
bigsid05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 MG/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
48 month? What was your MF?
36 month, base MF, reduced by 7 MSDs
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #132
sleeeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435iMSport, MPPK, LSD, MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by schach23
Wow, when I first posted this I never thought it would hit the front page News on bimmerpost. Lots of love, really appreciate it. Spent the last 3 years here with my 335, was just looking for more. There is something different about this car. So much more fun to drive than the 335. The big differences for me is the LSD, DCT, and tune. Really transforms this car. I test drove a manual 435 xdrive with the PPK at the same dealer and this car is hands down more amazing to drive. Being in NE Ohio, I was a bit nervous not getting xdrive, but decided to take a chance with snow tires. Glad I did. Haven't had the snow like previous years but what we've gotten it's not bad. The xdrive just seems to be an afterthought for BMW.

Interesting how this morphed into a comparison between the 435 ZHP, the M4 and the M3. I only wanted a coupe which takes out the M3. So can you really say I could have gotten a well equiped M4 instead? To me the M4 is different. Looks different. Awesome don't get me wrong, but there is a sort of sleaker look to this car compared to the M4. Darth Vader comes to mind when you look at this car. I just can't believe I could have gotten an M4 for what I'm paying for this car.

Interestingly it doesn't have the option to get heated seats or steering wheel. Wonder if that was a weight decision by the engineers??

The front lip is CF and the spoiler is CF. The rear splitter is sick, just everything about this car is awesome.

Also maybe outside an M, not many BMW vehicles that come from the factory without run flats. God I hate those. This has the Michellin PSS. BMW put some fix a flat and a pump in the trunk.

Again, thanks for all the love...

I'll try to get the window sticker posted and a clip of the exhaust.

Scott
Please post the sticker!
Appreciate 0