F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Sunroof stuck in "vent" mode, and it's 20*F outside!
Studio RSR

12-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
DrPhant0m
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 335xGT M, Estoril Blue

Sunroof stuck in "vent" mode, and it's 20*F outside!

For the past few weeks, I had been hearing a faint whistle while driving my 2014 F34, like a window or door was not sealed correctly.

So, after trying all the doors and windows, I (foolishly) exercised my sunroof to see if it wasn't closed completely. Unfortunately, the sunroof opened to "vent" mode, but wouldn't go down.

Pushing the button in every direction (slide forward back, as well as push the center), it will budg a little up and down, but it won't open or close all the way. I think I limit switch somewhere is/was activated, because I was able to nearly close the fabric part with the sunroof popped up in vent mode... but then I later couldn't retract it.

I took the car for a 45min drive with the heater on full blast to warm up the interior, and I was able to retract the fabric part in order to see/work on the components better... though I wasn't able to free it up just yet.

Has anyone had this or a similar problem on their F34? I didn't see any search results. My car is a CPO, so the dealership can/should be able to fix it... but the nearest one is nearly an hour away and my work/holiday schedule is not leaving much allowance for a repair.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 05:30 AM   #2
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhant0m View Post
Has anyone had this or a similar problem on their F34?
I haven't had any problems with mine so far. Looking around I found this video which might give you something to try before going to the dealer.

How to Re-Initialize a BMW Sunroof
Appreciate 1