F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > bmwnaBS. No New Navi. No Team Usa Incentive?
ARMA SPEED

10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #23
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
The only place on the internet that claimed the F30 was getting the new navigation system in November was this forum.
Actually, there's a press release on the BMW (global) web site that states the F30 is getting an upgraded navigation in "Autumn." The link has been posted a few times.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
Actually, there's a press release on the BMW (global) web site that states the F30 is getting an upgraded navigation in "Autumn." The link has been posted a few times.
right, but i think some people were under the assumption the new navi would have the new hardware(the touchpad for inputting data) which is not true.
      10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
right, but i think some people were under the assumption the new navi would have the new hardware(the touchpad for inputting data) which is not true.
Well, we've also been around the block on this forum recently, confirming a November date for the basic upgrade. 'Cest la vie.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #26
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
No market gets the new touchpad controller. Not even the MY13 5 or 7 series has it. The touchpad controller is still in development.

Evidence now proves that BMW NA is not taking the new Nav Pro (as it exists in the MY13 5 and 7 series) in the F30 cars at least during calendar year 2012. After Jan 1 they could offer it or they may hold off until MY14. Its anyone's guess at this point.

NA is applying their marketing and politics to this situation and not offering a product that BMW AG is making available otherwise. Will be interesting to see which markets take the new Nav Pro beginning November production.

If you want the new Nav Pro in a US destined 3 series your only current option is the AH3. When the wagon appears in US, then that will be another option. The F30 sedan is unknown until the politicians in NJ make up their mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
Well, we've also been around the block on this forum recently, confirming a November date for the basic upgrade. 'Cest la vie.
its NOT happening for November.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #28
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
Quote:
Hardly anyone was under that assumption. Most know that the new navigation pro update the F30 will see is the same one that are in the F10 and M5s as of July production.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

This is what you get when BMW NA invents a model year change that BMW AG doesn't have. When the F30 changes to MY13 here in November we'll see what navigation it uses...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #30
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Don't forget the global site has info that is NOT universally true in all markets. The obvious example is the F31 Touring. It's on the ground on pretty much ever continent but North America. It's anybody's guess why the products/updates aren't released concurrently. I'd guess it's primarily due to production capacity and anticipated take rates. Without a doubt the 328i will be king here in the US, so that would obviously be their focus at launch. From there, the xDrives and then finally the Touring, Coupe and Convertible.

There's little motivation to provide tech updates in a brand new platform. I'm sure it's not affecting sales...
Appreciate 0