F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Issue with Dash and gauges resetting
proTUNING Freaks

11-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
herbistank
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i X Drive

Issue with Dash and gauges resetting

Has anyone encountered an issue where while they are driving the dash and HUD completely shuts off and resets (all the gages go to off position) yet the engine stays on and you are able to continue driving? Its happened to me now 3 times and I finally caught it on video (is it possible to attach a video to the post?) It started happening for the first time about 3 weeks ago and has happened 3 times since. It resets a couple times then goes back to normal. Also, its only the dash, the music and nav continue to function normally.

The weirdest thing is that it only happens in one geographical location. The last 4 times I have gotten off the highway at a certain exit it happens. It has never happened once in any other location. Also, it doesn't happen when I get on the highway at that same exit. There are no big bumps or declines that could be causing it. It continues as I reach flat smooth ground at the bottom of the exit ramp.

Maybe I'm just driving through an electrical vortex or something that causes my dash and gauges to go haywire...please help if anyone knows why this is happening!
Appreciate 0