F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Side view mirrior question
Extreme Powerhouse

05-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
MPG
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-sport

Side view mirrior question

Hi guys,

I was parked at a shopping mall yesterday and went I got back I found the driver side view mirror has been pushed forward. I tried to pull it back to the normal position but was not able to. Then I tried folding the mirrors with the button and after some hesitation it went into the folded position. Should I be worried about any damages to the mirror or are they able to be pushed forward?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

They should be able to be pushed forward, as an alternative to being broken when hit. If it works normally now don't worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPG View Post
Hi guys,

I was parked at a shopping mall yesterday and went I got back I found the driver side view mirror has been pushed forward. I tried to pull it back to the normal position but was not able to. Then I tried folding the mirrors with the button and after some hesitation it went into the folded position. Should I be worried about any damages to the mirror or are they able to be pushed forward?
That's an excellent question. Ideally, this should be a preventative feature, whereby the mirror can be bent forward to avoid being broken. However, I was never to able to manually fold or unfold the mirror, short of breaking them. I was hoping that the mechanism would allow the mirror to be bent with some force applied, if another car driving by too close to my parked car. From what you're saying, that everything seems to be working properly after your incident. Let us know if you experienced any issues. Thanks.
Appreciate 0