F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 2013 328i Sport Line to M Sport Conversion (Sydney)
ARMA SPEED

02-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
georgesau
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i SportLine

2013 328i Sport Line to M Sport Conversion (Sydney)

Hey all,

Just purchased a 2013 328i with the Sport Line package. Looking to convert it to the M Sport pack and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good body shop in Sydney that can carry out the conversion? Has anyone had their sport line converted to the M Sport package?

This is what I would like the finished product to look like. It looks like this also has some M Aerodynamics parts?

Sorry for all the amateur questions. This is my first ever BMW and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Will definitely journal the process when it begins.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

http://www.bmraw.com/

Stuart
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Talk to someone who has done it, modern line but same same knightsabers Jeff will point you in the right direction.

Don't judge too harshly just because he now drives an Aldi.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #4
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Talk to someone who has done it, modern line but same same knightsabers Jeff will point you in the right direction.

Don't judge too harshly just because he now drives an Aldi.
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesau View Post
Hey all,

Just purchased a 2013 328i with the Sport Line package. Looking to convert it to the M Sport pack and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good body shop in Sydney that can carry out the conversion? Has anyone had their sport line converted to the M Sport package?

This is what I would like the finished product to look like. It looks like this also has some M Aerodynamics parts?

Sorry for all the amateur questions. This is my first ever BMW and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Will definitely journal the process when it begins.
Depending on your location, if you're in Sydney. Stuart@BMRAutowerkes would be the best person to discuss pricing with. Stuart can provide the kit, paint and install at a reasonable price and the finish isn't too bad. However, fitment is to be desired. Not quite flush for some parts.

Coming from a Sport line the conversion is a lot easier since you don't need new seats.
      02-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #5
georgesau
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Haha

Depending on your location, if you're in Sydney. Stuart@BMRAutowerkes would be the best person to discuss pricing with. Stuart can provide the kit, paint and install at a reasonable price and the finish isn't too bad. However, fitment is to be desired. Not quite flush for some parts.

Coming from a Sport line the conversion is a lot easier since you don't need new seats.
Hey knighsabers. Thanks so much for the info. Are the parts OEM? I'm assuming the parts with poor fitment are aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #6
x328x
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

Quote:
Hey knighsabers. Thanks so much for the info. Are the parts OEM? I'm assuming the parts with poor fitment are aftermarket?
Have u tried ebay. I have seen some second hand m sport bumpers for around 500. Might be able to pick up a whole second hand kit ( front, rear, skirts) for around 1500. Then u got to paint and fit but atleast u get 100
% fitment.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #7
georgesau
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x328x View Post
Have u tried ebay. I have seen some second hand m sport bumpers for around 500. Might be able to pick up a whole second hand kit ( front, rear, skirts) for around 1500. Then u got to paint and fit but atleast u get 100
% fitment.
I haven't actually, will definitely check it out. Being my first time ever modifying a car I'm a bit wary of buying second hand or non-OEM. It's probably me being a bit too paranoid though.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 12:28 AM   #8
georgesau
Rep

So do OEM M Sport parts fit without any modification needed? If I sourced the parts would it be a relatively easy fit for a body shop?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #9
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
No it was aftermarket parts from Taiwan. It didn't sit quite flush, lol plus I'm picky :P

Quote:
So do OEM M Sport parts fit without any modification needed? If I sourced the parts would it be a relatively easy fit for a body shop?
The OEM one would be most ideal, do have a browse on Ebay to see if you can find one.
      02-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #10
x328x
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

Quote:
An oem m sport bumper will fit without modification. U may need some additional hardware which sits behind the bumper to help mount it but thats just a guess.

This would be a very simple task for any body shop

If u got the same colour bumper u could probably change it yourself. There are some videos on how to remove the bumper

Last edited by x328x; 02-22-2017 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #11
georgesau
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x328x View Post
An oem m sport bumber will fit without modifaction. U may need some additional hardware which sits behind the bumper to help moynt it but thats just a guess.

This would be a very simple task for any body shop

If u got the same colour bumper u could probably change it yourself. There are some videos on how to remove the bumper
Cool thanks for that. Not in any rush so looks like I'll try and source the parts myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #12
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

OEM stuff will obviously fit the best but comes at a cost. Obviously sourcing second hand will keep costs down.

I'd describe the aftermarket stuff as being 'pretty good' and some minor improvements have been made since Jeffs kit ~3 years ago.

Once you get the bodykit on you'll need to lower it, maybe new wheels or brakes, let me know if you want any help on that stuff
Appreciate 0