F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > My F30 is a hot car
ARMA SPEED

01-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #23
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Yep, I have also noticed the cabin temperatures are hotter than previous cars, and definitely hotter than my wife's Mini.
I used to run the AC at 22 deg C in previous cars, but in the current F30, I find myself turning down the AC to 20C or even 18C and I also have to crank up the fan from 2 to 3 or even 4 bars (especially on +30C days).
The inside of my car is black and I had wondered if that colour had contributed to the increased Temps. But my previous car was also black inside, so I ruled that out.

One question I havefor you all: when you put on the AC in Auto mode from initial start up, does the fan blow full power and then gradually subside when the cabin temperature reduces? I used to have this feature on previous BMW's and Minis, but it does seem to be apparent on my F30............is there a setting that I haven't activated?
      01-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #24
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
One question I havefor you all: when you put on the AC in Auto mode from initial start up, does the fan blow full power and then gradually subside when the cabin temperature reduces? I used to have this feature on previous BMW's and Minis, but it does seem to be apparent on my F30............is there a setting that I haven't activated?
No, and I hate it. I have to use MAX to cool the cabin down and then go back to Auto when done, which then seems like a 1w fan in comparison. I much preferred how they had it in my previous BMW. That said, one of the few things I don't like.
      01-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #25
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
No, and I hate it. I have to use MAX to cool the cabin down and then go back to Auto when done, which then seems like a 1w fan in comparison. I much preferred how they had it in my previous BMW. That said, one of the few things I don't like.
While in Auto mode, I find I can still increase the fan setting independently without leaving Auto mode, which means, like you, I initially increase the fan speed and reduce it to 2 or 3 after the cabin cools.
      01-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #26
pmunger
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Crappiest feature of my car is the Air conditioning - last Audi's I owned were much better.

What is the point of having an auto mode - then a manual temperature dial for the front vents?

Never really comfortable with this system, but I do like max cool function.