F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > FS: F32 2018 BMW 440i RWD Coupe MPPSK Estoril Blue Metallic B58 8AT RARE
GetBMWParts

09-02-2023, 09:07 PM   #1
ssandman
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Coupe M-Sport MPPSK

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Talking

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello BMW Fam,

Edit: I’m keeping it after all, as I no longer need a 4-door vehicle.

I hope you're all enjoying your BMWs as much as I am. This community has been an incredible resource during my journey with my 2018 BMW 440i Coupe. It took me three months to find this gem, and your support and insights have been invaluable.

Car Details:

Model: 2018 BMW 440i Coupe RWD
Mileage: 85,667 miles
Color: Estoril Blue Metallic
Purchased: March 2021 (Used)

Engine: 3.0-liter inline-six B58 engine
Transmission: 8-speed automatic (8AT)

Options and Packages:

MPPSK (M Performance Power and Sound Kit): A RARE PORT INSTALL, allows for increased Horsepower and Torque: The MPPSK kit includes an ECU (Engine Control Unit) tune that increases the engine's output. It adds 35HP bringing total numbers to 355HP and 369 FT/LB, providing a noticeable boost in horsepower and torque.

Enhanced Exhaust System: One of the most significant changes with the MPPSK is the upgraded exhaust system. It includes a new exhaust muffler with a distinctive sound profile. The exhaust note becomes more aggressive and sporty, giving the car a more exciting sound during acceleration.

Improved Throttle Response: The ECU tune also optimizes throttle response, making the car feel more responsive and eager when you step on the gas pedal.

M Performance Designation: When you equip your 440i with the MPPSK, it adds the "M Performance" designation to your vehicle, highlighting its enhanced performance features.

M Sport Package: Enhances the vehicle's sporty appearance and performance.
Includes:
Shadowline Exterior Trim
Alum Hexagon Trim w/Estoril Blue Matte Highlight
M Steering Wheel
Aerodynamic Kit

Track Handling Package: Optimizes the car's handling.
Includes:
Variable Sport Steering
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Brakes
Increased Top Speed Limiter

Executive Package: Adds advanced technology and convenience features for an elevated driving experience.
Includes:
Parking Assistant
Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights
Head-Up Display
Automatic High Beams
Speed Limit Information
Side & Top View Cameras

Premium Package: Enhances luxury and comfort.
Includes:
Instrument Cluster w/Extended Contents
Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
Remote Services
Heated Front Seats
Navigation System

Seats: Leather Dakota Black/Blue Stitching for a premium interior.

Wheels: 19" M Wheel 704 M

Tires: BRAND NEW (8/23) - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (Front: 245/35) for improved grip and performance.

Warranty: TRANSFERABLE EXTENDED WARRANTY UP TO 120k OR UNTIL 8/24/25!

Condition: Excellent condition, meticulously maintained.

One small note: I've flashed it to include CarPlay, but don't worry, it's reversible if necessary. Frankly, I can't fathom why someone wouldn't want such a useful feature!

Vehicle History Report: According to my dealer, there was only one previous owner. While I'm not entirely sure about the details, I purchased it in March 2021 with 40K miles.

—————————————-

Now, I'd like your expertise on something else. I'm also in the market for a 2022 X3 M40i. My color preference is Phytonic Blue Metallic (though Tanzanite Blue is an option).

I'm particularly interested in these specific options (in order of desirability):

[2T4] M Sport Limited Slip Differential: I'd love more information on how this enhances the driving experience.
[ZPP] Premium Package: Adaptive Suspension
[ZHO] Shadowline Package: For dat black kidney grille!
[688] Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
[6NW] Wireless Charging
[ZPK] Parking Assistance Package
[1VN] 21" M Double-spoke bi-color Jet Black, style 718M perf run-flat tires - (21x8.5, 245/40 R21 front and 21x9.5, 275/35 R21 rear)
[4MC] Carbon Fiber Trim
[1CR] Remote Engine Start
[840] Increased Top Speed Limiter: Can anyone provide details on the normal top speed vs. the increased top speed with this option?

Seating Options: Leather vs. Front Ventilated Seats. Considering my location in Central Florida, I'm leaning towards ventilated seats for those scorching hot days.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from fellow BMW enthusiasts who share my passion for these exceptional vehicles.

Also, the $50,000 is a joke, representing how much this car means to me because I wish it were possible for me to keep (anything's possible) it and then later Catless, Chargepipe, Intake, Flash Tune, etc., to get that B58 up to 500 HP, NO PROBLEM! LOVE THIS CAR!

And call me a dreamer... but if this forum can help me hop from one dream car to my next, that would be incredible! They do call me the Sandman, after all.

All the best!

Attached Images

Last edited by ssandman; 10-25-2023 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
ReRe397.50
      09-02-2023, 09:38 PM   #2
Clean.F30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' 340i ZHP 6MT Melbourne red

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i ZHP  [8.70]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
2018 BMW 340i  [10.00]
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
So I can give some experience on the X3 M40, I 100% recommend it! Ours has the M Sport Limited slip diff and it is a must have for more fun, it feels like it wants to drive through the corner, vs wander around if.

The increased top speed limiter is some where around 155-160 in real speed. I saw 165 indicated by the car on mine but I assume there is some variation at that speed. With factory all seasons it is limited to 132mph, which is very annoying if you tend to drive spiritedly.

And lastly when it comes to ventilated seats, it really depends. The ventilation takes away the adjustable side bolsters, and gives the seat the standard ones which don’t hold you in at all. I honestly didn’t find the vented seats all that good, so I wouldn’t want to give up the better bolstering for them.

Lastly, if you want the car to sound better stock, I recommend a 2020-2021 as they were louder and had overrun and the up shift “cracks” compared the 22+ cars which really don’t make any cool noises, due to those having the mild hybrid system.

I also recommend finding one with the adaptive suspension, it makes a huge difference if you spring for the 21 inch wheels, and it is a night and day difference from comfort mode to sport +.

Lastly on the value of your lovely 440i. I think somwhwre in the 28-31 range is what people will pay for it as of now, with the miles and the current market.

Hope this helped you in your search!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2023, 11:06 PM   #3
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean.F30 View Post
So I can give some experience on the X3 M40, I 100% recommend it! Ours has the M Sport Limited slip diff and it is a must have for more fun, it feels like it wants to drive through the corner, vs wander around if.
Sounds like a must have! Thanks for that!

Quote:
The increased top speed limiter is some where around 155-160 in real speed. I saw 165 indicated by the car on mine but I assume there is some variation at that speed. With factory all seasons it is limited to 132mph, which is very annoying if you tend to drive spiritedly.
Are there ways to remove w/ coding, if no option on sticker?

Quote:
And lastly when it comes to ventilated seats, it really depends. The ventilation takes away the adjustable side bolsters, and gives the seat the standard ones which don’t hold you in at all. I honestly didn’t find the vented seats all that good, so I wouldn’t want to give up the better bolstering for them.
Again great to know. I am 6'4" and the current car is a little tight on the bolstering but needs to be to keep you in place. guess I should sit in a few.

Quote:
Lastly, if you want the car to sound better stock, I recommend a 2020-2021 as they were louder and had overrun and the up shift “cracks” compared the 22+ cars which really don’t make any cool noises, due to those having the mild hybrid system.
While that is very informative its also disappointing to hear due to the 2022 refresh and due to the fact my new job requires you to have a car within 5 years old so trying to extend the time frame until I'll need to replace again.

Quote:
I also recommend finding one with the adaptive suspension, it makes a huge difference if you spring for the 21 inch wheels, and it is a night and day difference from comfort mode to sport +.
Ok adding to list. Makes a BIG difference in the 440i.

Quote:
Lastly on the value of your lovely 440i. I think somwhwre in the 28-31 range is what people will pay for it as of now, with the miles and the current market.
Guess time will tell! I'm sure there is a buyer somewhere who will find this to be just as exciting as I did!

Thanks again for the insights!
      09-02-2023, 11:18 PM   #4
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I’m glad to hear the $50k is a joke, because if you hadn’t said that to us I would have said it to you. Edmund’s will give you a very realistic valuation. I have used Edmund’s for many years. You have to read everything and pay close attention, because part of their process is providing you with offers from CarMax and other local dealers. https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

09-03-2023, 05:40 PM   #5
Clean.F30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' 340i ZHP 6MT Melbourne red

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i ZHP  [8.70]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
2018 BMW 340i  [10.00]
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssandman View Post
Guess time will tell! I'm sure there is a buyer somewhere who will find this to be just as exciting as I did!

Thanks again for the insights!

So the only way to “turn off” the speed limiter is to tune the car.

And as for the seats, I’m 6’5 and fit perfectly in them. I’ve driven ones with the ventaliation and you just slide around in the seat, not to mention bmws ventilation isn’t really worth it. American and Japanese caes have way better cooled seats.

Also if you get the 21s, you can upsize the front tires to 255s, the 245/21s are stupid expensive for what they are 255s are a hell of a lot cheaper. I also recommend ditching runflats, I put Michelin Pilot sport 4s’s on it and the car is 10x better to drive. Handles better, rides better, it’s quieter inside, and I got over 20k miles out of a set of them!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 06:34 PM   #6
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Very nice ride it's my baby's twin sister but a year older! I have port installed MPPSK also.

GLWS! I'm sure someone will snatch it up quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 12:51 AM   #7
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
So the only way to “turn off” the speed limiter is to tune the car.
Does that require hardware or is there a software solution?

Quote:
And as for the seats, I’m 6’5 and fit perfectly in them. I’ve driven ones with the ventaliation and you just slide around in the seat, not to mention bmws ventilation isn’t really worth it.
Ok, that helps a lot! I'd rather stay in my seat.

Quote:
Also if you get the 21s, you can upsize the front tires to 255s, the 245/21s are stupid expensive for what they are 255s are a hell of a lot cheaper. I also recommend ditching runflats, I put Michelin Pilot sport 4s’s on it and the car is 10x better to drive. Handles better, rides better, it’s quieter inside, and I got over 20k miles out of a set of them!
Nice! And fantastic to know. It was almost like an enterely different car after switching to PS4S asap. Incredible improvement not only in handling but the runflats felt like you hit a curb when hitting minor bumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I’m glad to hear the $50k is a joke, because if you hadn’t said that to us I would have said it to you.

Quote:
You have to read everything and pay close attention, because part of their process is providing you with offers from CarMax and other local dealers.
Thanks for the heads-up. I actually ran into a bit of confusion on CarGurus when trying to list my car just now. It seemed like they were pushing a low-ball offer as part of the process. So, it's essential to be vigilant and read everything carefully.

By the way, do you think it's a good idea to mention the CarPlay modification if I decide to post it up? Would it add value to my listing? Can I mark it as an included option..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Very nice ride it's my baby's twin sister but a year older! I have port installed MPPSK also.

GLWS! I'm sure someone will snatch it up quickly.
I see that. Whereabouts in FL are you? I'm looking forward to learning the top offer and seeing if it persuades me or not.

Last edited by ssandman; 09-04-2023 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 01:56 AM   #8
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
CarPlay definitely adds value!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

09-04-2023, 02:09 AM   #9
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
CarPlay definitely adds value!
Yes, I did manage to set it up. To do this, I simply plugged a Wi-Fi dongle into an unused USB port on the headunit and used a software method to make the necessary changes. The person who assisted me cautioned that if I ever visited the dealer, I should reverse this modification before any service, as there's a risk they could update the software and potentially cause issues with the car. I'm not entirely certain about the technical details of the process, so it's always been a precaution I've taken to avoid any potential complications when going to the dealership.

Edit: I’ve been told by somebody reputable that worst case scenario is they update and you lose the CarPlay. That said, I’m still not sure if that scenario would override/prevent your ability to do it again later.

All can be mitigated by avoiding the dealer.

Last edited by ssandman; 09-04-2023 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 10:12 AM   #10
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Whats the deal?

Curious if anyone can tell me a little bit more about the options I see listed on car gurus. Don't seem to align w/ the sticker. So you've got M Sport, Sport, SE, LS.

Just not sure why no track handling option, whats M-Sport vs sport?, and the other two.
Attached Images

09-04-2023, 02:14 PM   #11
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I see that. Whereabouts in FL are you? I'm looking forward to learning the top offer and seeing if it persuades me or not.
I'm in the Tampa area.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2023, 02:48 PM   #12
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Curious if anyone can tell me a little bit more about the options I see listed on car gurus. Don't seem to align w/ the sticker. So you've got M Sport, Sport, SE, LS.

Just not sure why no track handling option, whats M-Sport vs sport?, and the other two.
Their options on Cargurus are probably general options across all BMW models so they don't necessarily match the F3x sticker options.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 02:58 PM   #13
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Their options on Cargurus are probably general options across all BMW models so they don't necessarily match the F3x sticker options.
So should I just select the extra sport to indicate the mppsk and leave SE and LS off?

I guess I just don’t know if either of those indicate the track handling pkg
      09-04-2023, 03:02 PM   #14
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So should I just select the extra sport to indicate the mppsk and leave SE and LS off?
There's no option to specify the MPPSK or THP but yes leave off Sport, SE and LS. If Cargurus supports additional notes put additional package details there. I've never used their site so not sure what it supports.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2023, 06:47 PM   #15
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Update: Potentially back on the market here soon.
      11-02-2023, 08:00 AM   #16
HiddenPants
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen GTI

Still interested if you decide to relist.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 01:38 PM   #17
Msportkev78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Estoril Blue 340i M-Sport

Very Interested if you are going to put it up. Please send some pics and if have any video my phone. 239-287-0802. Kevin .. Thank you