F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > PDC sound issue
GetBMWParts

09-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Shahton
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

PDC sound issue

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi All,
I have just received my 320d two weeks ago , I am still discovering it and even if I haven't had the opportunity to drive it a lot , I am falling in love with it a little more each day . I will post more toughts and pics about it as soon as I have decent pics to show.

I have one issue that I've noticed about the parking distance control that is quite anoying, I don't know what you guys think about it:

When I engage reverse to park the car , the PDC sounds continuousely when I get close to the rear obstacle, that is normal . what is not normal is that when I'm done, even if I remove the reverse gear, the sound keeps blowing my ears and I find no way to stop that BEEEEEEEEP but to shut down the car to get some quiet .
by the way I have a 6 manual.

what do you think ?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I like the warning tone but it's too loud for my tastes. I turned it down all the way in the iDrive configuration but it's still pretty loud. With the 8AT the beeps stop when you put it in Park.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Msporty
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahton
Hi All,
I have just received my 320d two weeks ago , I am still discovering it and even if I haven't had the opportunity to drive it a lot , I am falling in love with it a little more each day . I will post more toughts and pics about it as soon as I have decent pics to show.

I have one issue that I've noticed about the parking distance control that is quite anoying, I don't know what you guys think about it:

When I engage reverse to park the car , the PDC sounds continuousely when I get close to the rear obstacle, that is normal . what is not normal is that when I'm done, even if I remove the reverse gear, the sound keeps blowing my ears and I find no way to stop that BEEEEEEEEP but to shut down the car to get some quiet .
by the way I have a 6 manual.

what do you think ?
I have also found this to be an annoying problem!! Reading the manual it just says to push the PDC button to deactivate, but you only get this with front PDC sensors which I don't have!

If you find a solution let me know, I'm going to mention it to the dealer next time I take the car in
F30 320d M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, 19" 403M Style Alloys, Adaptive M Sport Suspension, Xenons with Visibility Pack, Interior Comfort pack, Harman/Kardon, DAB, Servotronic Steering, Heated Steering Wheel, Folding and dimming Ext. Mirrors, Heated seats with Lumbar Support, Enhanced Bluetooth with voice control, Full black panel display
Appreciate 0