F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Which Phone with F30
ARMA SPEED

04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Bored of Audi
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40D Msport+ in Blue

Which Phone with F30

My F30 is still in the drawing office at BMW (expected delivery around W/C 17th of June ordered months ago) ..

The spec of my car is as follows

330d M Sport F30 in EBII, 19"Alloys, Advanced Parking Package, Visibility Package, Active Security, Media Pro, Adaptive Suspension, HUD, Speed Display Internet, H&K Sound, Enhanced BT, Folding Mirrors, Elec Fr Seats & Lumbar, Folding Rear Head Restraints, Seat Heating, Sliding Armrest, Surround View, Comfort Access

My company phone contract is up and I can choose anything.. Can anyone give me some opinions to which which phone has the best compatibility ?

In the distant past I had a IPOD docked via the audi interface and phone by high prep BT... all worked well...

I would like to listen to the IPOD (or streamed from phone), use phone and receive emails if possible etc ?

David.

MY2019 X3 40D M-sport with all the toys. Also a Mini CS for the wife and me to play in at the weekends
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Dude, in the Audi you needed phone gadgets to get through the boredom. You are piloting a BMW now (or soon will), no need for gadgets to distract the from the fact the steering wheel isn't connected to the front wheels....because it actually is on a BM.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't choose a phone to fit the car, they pretty much all BT connect, stream music (if you think that is the most convenient way, I don't). Don't be left with a phone that syncs great with the car but is crap as a phone. Just check the available options here http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...atibility.html
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Dude, in the Audi you needed phone gadgets to get through the boredom. You are piloting a BMW now (or soon will), no need for gadgets to distract the from the fact the steering wheel isn't connected to the front wheels....because it actually is on a BM.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't choose a phone to fit the car, they pretty much all BT connect, stream music (if you think that is the most convenient way, I don't). Don't be left with a phone that syncs great with the car but is crap as a phone. Just check the available options here http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...atibility.html
Yip, ditch Bluetooth streaming and buy a 32gb stick. This way you get controls from I drive and album art.

I've got a Samsung s3 which doesn't receive email, but does pick up texts. IPhone is the best way to guarantee connectivity and apps etc
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Yip, ditch Bluetooth streaming and buy a 32gb stick. This way you get controls from I drive and album art.

I've got a Samsung s3 which doesn't receive email, but does pick up texts. IPhone is the best way to guarantee connectivity and apps etc
Stefan - I've got email working with my S3. It was a pain to set up, as all the configuration is completed via the BMW website.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
Stefan - I've got email working with my S3. It was a pain to set up, as all the configuration is completed via the BMW website.
Oooo, do share. Ive setup the connected drive email but it doesnt popup like texts do, which I believe with the correct phone, it should
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Oooo, do share. Ive setup the connected drive email but it doesnt popup like texts do, which I believe with the correct phone, it should
I used this thread (RobUK's post in particular) as guidance:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=office

Two email accounts are configured (as IMAP) in the BMW website. I can then access either inbox through Connected Drive > BMW online > email. You have to have data enabled on your S3 as it uses the phones data connection.

My Pro Nav is the newer (post November 12) system - not sure if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Bored of Audi
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40D Msport+ in Blue

So in short you would recommend copying my iPod to USB drive ?

I must say I did like the RSAP bt connection on the high prep audi.. Saved battery and quality was excellent..

MY2019 X3 40D M-sport with all the toys. Also a Mini CS for the wife and me to play in at the weekends
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

error

I would, and have done this. No fancy cables, no IPOD rattling around in the storage compartment, quick and hassle free

Last edited by stefan4; 04-24-2013 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: error
Appreciate 0