F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Buying a car from a non- bmw dealer
Studio RSR

12-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
necknight
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Buying a car from a non- bmw dealer

Do you think there will be any differences in service vs buying the car at my local bmw dealership vs buying at local non bmw dealership?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Cup o' Joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IS350 F Sport

Some dealerships may not provide service loaners unless you purchased the vehicle from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
BMWMico
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 30e

It really depends on the car and the situation. If it is a car someone traded in for a different brand - then the difference is that it can't be certified, but you still should be able to buy warranty from a BMW dealer.

If it is an auction car - then there might be a serious difference. For example, here is what happens with BMW lease returns:

The dealer that takes the car in gets the first pick to keep it. If they pass - it goes to an internal BMW auction, where only BMW dealers can bid on it. If every BMW dealer in the country passes - it goes to an external auction. So basically you get cars that has been rejected twice, and usually there is a reason.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by necknight View Post
Do you think there will be any differences in service vs buying the car at my local bmw dealership vs buying at local non bmw dealership?
I bought from a non BMW dealership and immediately arranged to get it up to snuff at a BMW service center. Firmware updates, oil change, inspections... no issues thus far. As mentioned above, I do get charged for a loaner but that's minimal cost, last time it was ~$15 for an overnight.
Appreciate 0