F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Top view retrofit?
Extreme Powerhouse

03-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #23
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
I never said you can't get the HSD cables from the dealer... In fact, I bought a longer HSD cable from my dealership to connect to my rear view camera. what your not able to get is the wiring that connects to the actual modules. Those are the hard parts that are A)almost impossible to find the part # and B) get the retrofit cable. THe HSD cable is only part of the equation and those cables don't cost near as much as the actual wiring harness cables. For example, the cable that connect from the PDC sensors to the REM... those are the impossible to find cables.
PDC to REM cable Part# 66202339614

You just need to ask your dealer for the repair cables. They are able to find them. its just impossible to find them off sites like Real OEM
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #24
Shazsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Lots of good info in here. I have an x3 loaner and really like the surround cameras. I might attempt this.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #25
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

I saw them doing this (youtube I think) on a X5, the parts are the easy part (no pun intended), they had to do some calibration though and had all sorts of weird lines with tape on the floor of a garage whilst doing the coding.

Look I would love to do this as well but we need to know ALL the steps before we spend a lot of money on parts only to find out its close to impossible to get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #26
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFastM3 View Post
I saw them doing this (youtube I think) on a X5, the parts are the easy part (no pun intended), they had to do some calibration though and had all sorts of weird lines with tape on the floor of a garage whilst doing the coding.

Look I would love to do this as well but we need to know ALL the steps before we spend a lot of money on parts only to find out its close to impossible to get it to work.
Being a guinea pig is all part of the fun Only at times though lol. Other times it's frustrating, which is how I feel with trying to retrofit the Parking Assistant right now.

Calibration is something that is usually mentioned in the Rheingold informational guides as well for replacing cameras, but it wasn't actually needed when I did the rear view camera retrofit. I believe it would be the same for the top/side view, as the cameras can only fit in one way.
Appreciate 0