F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What Car Do You Choose?
ARMA SPEED

02-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

What Car Do You Choose?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Like many of you, I travel a often -- at least weekly, and sometimes multiple trips/cities each week. Consequently, I find myself renting cars often. When I do, I try to get my rental upgraded to a premium car and from time to time that means I get a BMW, actually quite often as I have pretty good status with a few car companies. However, there are plenty of times when a 3er just isn't available and I have to take some sort of typical car.

I'm wondering what (typical, non-premium) cars you folks prefer to get and what you avoid like the plague. I generally look for an Avalon, Maxima, Accord, Camry, Fusion, Cruz, Taurus, or CTS. I will strongly eschew Chryslers, minivans, SUVs, and Impalas. Everything else is OK if they are available and nothing I like is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
BMWforLife
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i

If I can’t get a BMW. I try to get a VW passat or something. Keep it Deutsche ;0

Went to enterprise once (also, keyword, ONCE) and the guy did the paperwork and said ok....I got a chrysler 200 or a vw passat which would you like.

I literally laughed, and paused...and just said I’ll take the german one!

Nothing beats a BMW, but you can’t always win. It’s also always nice to drive around in something like a mushy, slow, awkward sounding passat, then hop back into your Bimmer and appreciate your purchase that much more
11 328i
06 330i
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWforLife View Post

...I got a chrysler 200 or a vw passat which would you like.

I literally laughed, and paused...and just said I’ll take the german one!

Nothing beats a BMW, but you can’t always win. It’s also always nice to drive around in something like a mushy, slow, awkward sounding passat, then hop back into your Bimmer and appreciate your purchase that much more
I know what you mean....a colleague of mine rented a 200 and I ended up using it to run to run a quick errand. Lord is that a poor excuse for a car! About the only thing that's good about it is that it will get one from point A to point B, but then a newspaper can be used to wipe one's ass too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I avoid the little tiny cars. When traveling I do a lot of highway driving, and I don't need to get tangled with a truck at high speeds. Tiny cars wouldn't fare too well in such a scenario.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

I had a Camaro for the Woodward Dream Cruise. People kept asking me to do a burnout lol.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0