F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dodge Charger SRT8 in my rear mirror
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

05-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #67
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
The guy is talking about his M3 when he referenced 3.9-4.3.

Don't try to trivialize peoples posts man. It's a Friday for heavens sack. Lol
Ooops. sorry.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #68
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche
low 4s to 60 with the 35hp bump and awd. There's video proof.
When I saw your video I thought the car could not be that fast but after trying out LC I am a belieber. Lol.

I had to make sure my wife had the car for the past couple of days so that I could stay away from LC

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #69
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Great, the SRT8 makes more power and is 7k cheaper, but my 335i xDrive is just as fast and has much better gas mileage. Even though my car is the softest set up suspension wise for a 3 series, I'll still take it over the Dodge. Plus I like that my interior has a much more driver centric layout over the Dodge. Not really sure what you are getting at about red light racing as I am well past that myself. But, on my own I still love the 0-60 acceleration that my car delivers.

Not trying to big time you here or anything, but I do not consider 7k to be far less than what I get with my car. I'll gladly pay 7k to get what I feel is a far more well rounded car than the Dodge. Just my opinion, not trying to start a fight or anything.
You're basically agreeing with me without quite admitting it. I too prefer the BMW, hence why I did not purchase a Charger. My point was the over-emphasis that some are placing on something I consider mostly trivial, the 0-60 time.

If you want to explain some practical and functional purpose in daily driving, of a fast 0-60 time, I'm all ears....

And no, I do not think you are 'big-timing' in paying an extra 7k for a more well rounded car. Not to start a new very objective subject to argue, but I also find it silly how often many BMW owners seem to need to justify what they paid. I don't hear it from Mercedes and Audi owners, and yet I consider BMWs to provide better overall value for money.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #70
KenMDTO
Rep
Drives: 2012 CLS63 AMG

I find all red light racing/ street racing threads idiotic. Is the point you are trying to make is that your car is "better", or that you are a "better" driver?

BMW's are "sporty" cars, not sports cars. They have better than average handling and balance, but, they are not particularly fast, M cars excepted (even those are too bloated and heavy, but imagine a V8 M engine in the back of an i8 chassis, now that would be a real sports car!).

I have owned many "fast" cars, and it would always annoy me how people would rev their engines at a stop light or try and entice me to race on the highway. I never gave in. I do my fast driving on the track.

Here's a quick photo of my "fast" car getting ready for my track day at Mosport:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #71
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMDTO
I find all red light racing/ street racing threads idiotic. Is the point you are trying to make is that your car is "better", or that you are a "better" driver?

BMW's are "sporty" cars, not sports cars. They have better than average handling and balance, but, they are not particularly fast, M cars excepted (even those are too bloated and heavy, but imagine a V8 M engine in the back of an i8 chassis, now that would be a real sports car!).

I have owned many "fast" cars, and it would always annoy me how people would rev their engines at a stop light or try and entice me to race on the highway. I never gave in. I do my fast driving on the track.

Here's a quick photo of my "fast" car getting ready for my track day at Mosport:
Fair point but the OP tried to avoid the situation and he had to act the way he did after a fair amount of trying to avoid this.

Congrats on the Ferrari. Bear in mind though that you are obviously in a different income group from possibly 99% of the worlds population so your way of viewing the world is very different from the other 99%. If we strip the exotics out of the equation I believe BMW is amongst the top echolens of what remains in sportiness, "better" and being fast. I believe comments of BMWs being fast are not misplaced.

Now if someone said BMWs are sportier than exotics or faster then clearly they have lost it. I am yet to see a single post where anyone has claimed a BMW is better than say a Ferrari.

We should all learn from you and get ourselves Ferraris one day

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #72
KenMDTO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
Fair point but the OP tried to avoid the situation and he had to act the way he did after a fair amount of trying to avoid this.

Congrats on the Ferrari. Bear in mind though that you are obviously in a different income group from possibly 99% of the worlds population so your way of viewing the world is very different from the other 99%. If we strip the exotics out of the equation I believe BMW is amongst the top echolens of what remains in sportiness, "better" and being fast. I believe comments of BMWs being fast are not misplaced.

Now if someone said BMWs are sportier than exotics or faster then clearly they have lost it. I am yet to see a single post where anyone has claimed a BMW is better than say a Ferrari.

We should all learn from you and get ourselves Ferraris one day
Point taken, and that is why for my next daily driver I will likely get a 435xi, sporty handling and AWD for our crappy winters here in TO.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #73
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Since when is a 458 a sports car? Now, a 458 Scuderia is a sports car. Obviously, I'm only breaking your balls here but "particularly fast " is relative. A P1 or La Ferrari owner may say your 458 (if that isn't a 458, my mistake) isn't particularly fast which, of course is very fast
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #74
KenMDTO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche View Post
Since when is a 458 a sports car? Now, a 458 Scuderia is a sports car. Obviously, I'm only breaking your balls here but "particularly fast " is relative. A P1 or La Ferrari owner may say your 458 (if that isn't a 458, my mistake) isn't particularly fast which, of course is very fast
Hence the "fast" in quotes, as there will always be something faster. By the way, the 458 Speciale (Scud is for F430) is really a marketing exercise. Ferrari always does this before a new model comes out (starting with 360 CS). They strip out some interior bits, add more carbon fibre, up the horsepower a bit and sell in limited quantities at an inflated price.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #75
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

Just what I did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMDTO View Post
Point taken, and that is why for my next daily driver I will likely get a 435xi, sporty handling and AWD for our crappy winters here in TO.
After a piece of ice jumped up and split the transmission pan on my E92 M3 DCT in March. Back in E46 days M3s were seriously fast, but the bloom is off the rose.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread