F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Worst two weeks of my life? Yep.
ARMA SPEED

03-23-2018, 01:30 AM   #155
Healy
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Smile

That is good news, it could be a polyp which are very common that is causing the bleeding. The main thing is it isn't anything serious. Really glad for you.
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2018, 01:47 AM   #156
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Good news Alex - what a relief mate.

Threads like this are a great reminder that the most important things in life are you and your familys health.
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2018, 02:10 AM   #157
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Similar symptoms and just to put you all off your breakfast, this morning is MoviPrep time.......
Bloody hell. Just seen this. Sorry Alex440. I'm hoping as I now read the threads that the outcome is as good as mine...moviprep is bloody brutal.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2018, 02:12 AM   #158
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD'bo View Post
25th of October. Colonoscopy detected a tumour in my Bowel.

I'm a fit and healthy 46.

For a week I didn't know the full extent.

CT scan last week confirmed it is contained but it's Stage 3. It is operable. Just. I'm just in time.

I'm still in shock.

I wanted to share with my virtual friends on here.

I'll update you all more in the coming days and weeks and give you more of an insight as it might help others.

My operation is on Monday the 20th. They are removing a section of colon and re-plumbing me.

Puts a whole new perspective on life.

Laters.

Dobbo.
Same thing happened to my Dad when he turned 50. My mum was a nurse and was adamant he completed the postal stool sample test. They detected blood, completed a scan and found a stage 3/4 tumour on its way to escaping the bowel wall.

Like you, he was lucky they found it when they did. Bowel cancer often shows no symptoms until it's too late, which is why it has the reputation it does and some scary stats on survival rates. If caught and treated early though, it's actually a cancer that responds well to treatment.

For what it's worth, my dad's surgery was successful and he has gone on to make a full recovery. That was over 6 years ago now.

It definitely changed his outlook on life and he decided to take early retirement to spend time with the grandkids, but it's absolutely survivable and (as much as you can tell from the internet) it sounds like you're approaching this with a calm and level head.

Wish you all the best for your treatment and the future.

Edit: apologies - I jumped in and just realised we're well down the line from your treatment!!
Yes man thanks. All still going well. 4 months post op. Dodged a bullet I feel.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2018, 02:15 AM   #159
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incontinentia Buttocks View Post
Trust all is good news.

Love Lobb x
Back home. Consultant saw me straight after and told me it wasn't serious and no signs of cancer.

He did say he'd taken some biopsies and would see me in 3 weeks. He also told me he saw something that would explain the heavy bleeding, but......he said it to me about a minute after I came round from the general anaesthetic and I cannot remember what the fuck he said it was.
Wow. What a superb outcome man. Did you have general for a colonoscopy? You lucky bastard.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:32 AM   #160
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Wow. What a superb outcome man. Did you have general for a colonoscopy? You lucky bastard.
I insisted on it and the consultant agreed. I had one three years ago and I expected it just to be uncomfortable and didn't even ask for sedation.

It was fine until he got higher up to the area that was already inflamed and painful. Then it felt like he'd opened me up with a knife with no anaesthetic! No amount of gas and air that they passed to me helped. He pretty much did it at a hundred miles an hour after and can't have looked properly, which he pretty much admitted this time around.

Having read up about it, if you haven't got existing pain, then you'll be fine. If you have it already it can be pretty excruciating. Women posting online said if you aready had sharp pain then the feeling during the procedure was worse than childbirth. A fact that went down really well when I mentioned it at home!!!

I have to say the general anaesthetic made it a breeze.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:33 AM   #161
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Bloody hell. Just seen this. Sorry Alex440. I'm hoping as I now read the threads that the outcome is as good as mine...moviprep is bloody brutal.
I think drinking the moviprep was the worst part for me. Tastes foul and 8 glasses of the stuff in a short period is not great.
Appreciate 0