F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Can I do the Team USA drive after picking up a car?
GetBMWParts

07-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Can I do the Team USA drive after picking up a car?

So I signed up for a team usa drive experience to get the credit, I was planning on eventually getting into a 3 or 4 series, and the event is scheduled for the end of august but I just found the perfect car and even negotiated the price to nearly $2000 off invoice with the 2016 models coming out soon but the issue is, I'm not sure if there is a way for the dealer to retroactively add the credit now.

I ask because with a lease $1000 represents a huge savings in terms of the monthly payment for the car but I also don't want to have to wait a month to pick up the car/lose the car to someone else. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess if necessary I can just look around the country and find a closer drive event and register for that and fly there for the event but I'd much rather just do it at my local dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadify View Post
So I signed up for a team usa drive experience to get the credit, I was planning on eventually getting into a 3 or 4 series, and the event is scheduled for the end of august but I just found the perfect car and even negotiated the price to nearly $2000 off invoice with the 2016 models coming out soon but the issue is, I'm not sure if there is a way for the dealer to retroactively add the credit now.

I ask because with a lease $1000 represents a huge savings in terms of the monthly payment for the car but I also don't want to have to wait a month to pick up the car/lose the car to someone else. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess if necessary I can just look around the country and find a closer drive event and register for that and fly there for the event but I'd much rather just do it at my local dealership.
It says right in the terms that you can't apply it to past purchases or cars already ordered.

$1,000 Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on new 2014 BMW i3 models and all new 2015 and 2016 BMW models excluding BMW i8 and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Drive for Team USA event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from 60 days of the event on the lease or purchase of all eligible models. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW center for stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Offer is only valid for the recipient of this invitation. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

I was able to do the drive for team usa event and signed my papers the same day.

I signed papers, then drove over to another dealership to do the event.

My selling dealership did not process all paperwork until later that night just in case.

They held $1k from my CC and reimbursed me after I sent them the certificate #
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
I was able to do the drive for team usa event and signed my papers the same day.

I signed papers, then drove over to another dealership to do the event.

My selling dealership did not process all paperwork until later that night just in case.

They held $1k from my CC and reimbursed me after I sent them the certificate #
I see. I guess I'll have to find a closer event then! Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a way of finding when the soonest event is?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:

https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/conte...ms/DFTUSA.aspx

Not sure where you are located to help you look.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #6
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:

Chicago area and NW Indiana BMW dealers have 1st week of August drive events.

You need the voucher number before the purchase/lease or order.

But, you're getting $2K off invoice along with the quite great 2015 lease numbers so you're likely getting a great deal as it is.
Don't lose out on a great deal if you can't get the $1000 drive credit.

Are you getting the latest 2015 lease rates which were
63% - 15K
65% - 12K
66% - 10k

Right now 2016 residuals are lower at
59% - 15K
61% - 12K
62% - 10K

MF remains at .00130. End of 2015 went a bit down to .00129.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #7
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

My CA "guaranteed" that I could attend the event and get the credit even after my order was placed (but before final paperwork was completed). That almost has to be the case, since otherwise it would be hard to guarantee delivery within sixty days.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Chicago area and NW Indiana BMW dealers have 1st week of August drive events.

You need the voucher number before the purchase/lease or order.

But, you're getting $2K off invoice along with the quite great 2015 lease numbers so you're likely getting a great deal as it is.
Don't lose out on a great deal if you can't get the $1000 drive credit.

Are you getting the latest 2015 lease rates which were
63% - 15K
65% - 12K
66% - 10k

Right now 2016 residuals are lower at
59% - 15K
61% - 12K
62% - 10K

MF remains at .00130. End of 2015 went a bit down to .00129.

Trust me I'm trying my best not to. I flew to california yesterday to get the credit now I'm just waiting on the email with the voucher code. I need to talk with who I'm dealing with, the manager of the dealership, because he's saying that in colorado it is very rare to get a MF of .00130. They're telling me that all of the colorado dealerships have higher MF and most will refuse to come down on it.
Appreciate 0