F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 2015 F30 LED upgrade
proTUNING Freaks

12-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #67
A'PEXi
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

something to do with the beam pattern SJ00
      12-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #68
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
Hey, do you know what exactly need to be modified?
Not sure if LED headlights have a cut-off like be-xenons do, but if its done the same way, there's actually not much to it.

Essentially the little cut-off shield/plate mounted to the actuator between the HID bulb and the projector lens needs to be flipped around.

LHD cars have a low-beam cutoff/pattern like this on road: ____/----
RHD cars have a low-beam cutoff/pattern like this on road: ----\____

Its just so that the beam doesn't go as high so as to blind on-coming traffic, so the side where the on-coming traffic has to have a lowered beam.

A lot of times, its as simple as just unscrewing the little plate on the actuator, flipping the plate around, then screwing it back on. Takes all of 5 minutes to do.

But again, i'm assuming they behave like bi-xenons, but not 100% sure about that.

Last edited by squidlyboy; 12-08-2015 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:30 AM   #69
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Not sure if LED headlights have a cut-off like be-xenons do, but if its done the same way, there's actually not much to it.

Essentially the little cut-off shield/plate mounted to the actuator between the HID bulb and the projector lens needs to be flipped around.

LHD cars have a low-beam cutoff/pattern like this on road: ____/----
RHD cars have a low-beam cutoff/pattern like this on road: ----\____

Its just so that the beam doesn't go as high so as to blind on-coming traffic, so the side where the on-coming traffic has to have a lowered beam.

A lot of times, its as simple as just unscrewing the little plate on the actuator, flipping the plate around, then screwing it back on. Takes all of 5 minutes to do.

But again, i'm assuming they behave like bi-xenons, but not 100% sure about that.
nice, thanks for the clarification
any interest by fellow RHDers?
      12-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #70
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

Im surprised there has not been more interest in these oem style headlights. They arent even sold out last i checked a certain vendor website.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #71
BossF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White IG:BMWBOSSLIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
Im surprised there has not been more interest in these oem style headlights. They arent even sold out last i checked a certain vendor website.
...And What website is that???
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #72
dnjc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Diesel :)

Quote:
I'm sure the price is a big reason for the lack of interest so far. That and the lack of good reviews. Even the LCI OEM leds are so new that I have yet to see some concrete feedback or review.

The only review I've seen of the aftermarket LEDs is the OneEighty thread and you can clearly see that the OEM cutoffs are much cleaner. Still waiting for an in-depth review on the lights before making a decision to buy...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #73
a803sgo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M-SPORT (F30)

I got a price of 1550usd for rhd delivered to the uk from cnangeleye.com.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #74
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I took the chance and bought these since i couldnt stand my halogens any longer, and its a night and day difference tbh. As far as i can tell there is no glare to oncoming traffic. Headlight removal was a PITA though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:53 AM   #75
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F320i

@ Lesnica whew did you buy yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #76
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
@ Lesnica whew did you buy yours?
I also got mine from umnitza.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #77
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
I've been waiting for more review being buying... We are limited to a certain number of vendors and the cost of the light + labor is defintiely causing me to be more careful before deciding to pull the trigger.

Anyone want to share before/after pictures?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #78
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Also based on that website:

"MAY REQUIRE SOME REWIRING OF ORIGINAL PINS or Coding (though several installs have been completely plug and play so far)
1 year warranty on Headlight (does not cover misuse, glass breakage, or turn signal holders)*"

Is that true or is this truly a plug and play(pray) light similiar to EE?

thank you for your help
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #79
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222 View Post
Also based on that website:

"MAY REQUIRE SOME REWIRING OF ORIGINAL PINS or Coding (though several installs have been completely plug and play so far)
1 year warranty on Headlight (does not cover misuse, glass breakage, or turn signal holders)*"

Is that true or is this truly a plug and play(pray) light similiar to EE?

thank you for your help
it was all plug and play, i just did one headlight at a time and then checked on the dash if anything popped up but nothing did.

I havent taken any pictures since it took my well into the night to get this done alone but i will soon.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #80
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #81
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep

found these headlights in reg ebay today
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-F30-...RWZQ0E&vxp=mtr

it is more expensive especially with the 183 dollar shipping cost on top of the product.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #82
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

I don't like those, but just my opinion...

I have this obsession with the original M4 concept hexagon rings that have the acrylic extensions all the way to the kidney grills.... that BMW extended on to the LCI LED headlights. They knew they had a good thing and kept it going

I don't know what it is about that design, but when you see something that was meant to be.... it was just MEANT TO BE Its just right. Peanut Butter and Jelly ... Peas and Carrots... Steak and Lobster... you don't mess with natural law. It's the way things ought to be haha...

I don't care if they are 2x or 3x the cost of the cheaper Ebay ones you referenced. I WANT THOSE blueaudi18 got it right
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #83
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep

Those lci led rings have also grown on me and think they look better than the oemstyle ebay led knockoffs but the ebay knock offs do look pretty darn close to oem so thats the one i would consider. There are also some inconsistencies i see with the ebay light such as the pictures of the ebay one with the bottom portion led on for what looks like low beams wheb the oneeighty oe-s leds and umnitza led headlights seem to have the upper portion lit up for low beams. Maybe the ebay one is adaptive or so? I remember seein adaptive has top led light up ehile regular led have bottom portion light up.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #84
dnjc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Diesel :)

Quote:
Those lci led rings have also grown on me and think they look better than the oemstyle ebay led knockoffs but the ebay knock offs do look pretty darn close to oem so thats the one i would consider. There are also some inconsistencies i see with the ebay light such as the pictures of the ebay one with the bottom portion led on for what looks like low beams wheb the oneeighty oe-s leds and umnitza led headlights seem to have the upper portion lit up for low beams. Maybe the ebay one is adaptive or so? I remember seein adaptive has top led light up ehile regular led have bottom portion light up.
I prefer the upper portion light up for low beams but that's only available on the OEM adaptive LEDS or the aftermarket oe-s lights that oneeighty and umnitza are providing. the rest of the ebay lights are a crapshoot...

the LCI non-adaptive are nice but I wish the high beams and low beams used separate portions. I do like the turn-signal eyelids and the extension of the leds that squidlyboy mentioned...

argh...decisions decisions...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #85
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjc View Post
I prefer the upper portion light up for low beams but that's only available on the OEM adaptive LEDS or the aftermarket oe-s lights that oneeighty and umnitza are providing. the rest of the ebay lights are a crapshoot...

the LCI non-adaptive are nice but I wish the high beams and low beams used separate portions. I do like the turn-signal eyelids and the extension of the leds that squidlyboy mentioned...

argh...decisions decisions...
Well... they sell them on ebay now (a bit pricy at the moment)... I am hoping they will drop their price soon.. 1K plus shipping I am good with
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #86
neckthrough
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i, 350z

From the pictures it looks like there are fitment issues with the hood not being able to close fully. It appears to me that the corners of the front edge of the hood were bent/hammered in order to make them align, but you can see that the fitment is screwed up - the hood simply isn't seamlessly closed.

Incidentally this is exactly the same problem the OneEighty lights had, though they claimed they were able to fix the problem with subsequent installations.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #87
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckthrough View Post
From the pictures it looks like there are fitment issues with the hood not being able to close fully. It appears to me that the corners of the front edge of the hood were bent/hammered in order to make them align, but you can see that the fitment is screwed up - the hood simply isn't seamlessly closed.

Incidentally this is exactly the same problem the OneEighty lights had, though they claimed they were able to fix the problem with subsequent installations.
Having taken out my headlights a few times i can tel you that the bumper or hood is definitely not hammered back into place, it is the headlight and bumper not aligned correctly when everything was put back together. Actually the installation process requires you to put headlight bumper back and then take it off to align it better, put bunper back, see if its aligned well and fixed and aligned again. It takes a couple adjustments to get the headlight ans bumper flush and looking straight out of the factory. There a several screws on the back/bottom of the headlights tjat can be adjisted and the bumper has to be aligned with much precision when putting it all back on. Oneighty guys said they were rushed and did it in 20 min. That is why it looks like that..if you tale your time to adjust headlight/bumper and then readjust and adjust again of necessary them you will not have such gaps and spaces on between bumper/hood/ and headlight.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 10:44 PM   #88
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep

^^
Yeah thats the truth, i spent an hour getting everything removed, bumper, lights etc. And about 3 hours putting everything back in place.
Appreciate 0