F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding error help - File for CAFD not found
Extreme Powerhouse

02-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
DriveS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Coding error help - File for CAFD not found

I just got started coding a couple of weeks back. i have successfully coded about 10 different things on my F30.

Last night i went to code Auto Start Stop to remember its last setting. Having followed the instruction sheet I have again, i assumed it worked. However today i realised it had not.

So I hooked up Esys again this afternoon, went to Read the coding data of FEM_BODY but got the following error message and could go not further.

I notice also that the CAFD code for FEM_BODY is not like the others which are a mix of numbers its now CAFD_FFFFFFFF_255_255_255

The other sections do still read the coding data (such as KOMBI), so I am assuming i have done something wrong last night?

I am wondering if it could be because I saved the change in the CAFD, then moved onto another section (KOMBI), made a change, saved it then hit code FDL, assuming it would do both sections?

How do I fix this?

Last edited by DriveS; 02-24-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
DriveS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

I hope I have fixed it.

I read on an old post from 2015 that you should READ SVT (VCM) then DETECT CAF for SWE. You can then select the replacement CAFD, which then enables you to FDL code the ECU.

I did this and it seems to have worked. I was able to code the ECU and now Start Stop remembers the last setting.

In doing this the old CAFD went red. The bit i was not sure about was when presented with the replacement CAFDs there were 4. 2 with one code and 2 with another. I just went for the top one.
Could this present any issues? Is there something else I should do?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Well done, all sorted.

The original issue was due to a corrupt file. The car must have lost power whilst you were coding.
Appreciate 0