F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
ARMA SPEED

06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #221
dcshoes23
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Hiyas! Let me answer them

1. I actually did this by going to the advanced options and turning on the zoom function. It works, however, only when the dvd is already in widescreen.. if the original DVD is in 4:3, then it will just zoom to 16:9.

2. This was done through coding. I chanced the necessary functions and then it was just a matter of pressing the PDC button. If it goes to top-view first (if you have this), then you need to change to the rear-view camera by selecting the option in the iDrive (second option from the top for me, you can see me chance this in the video).

I hope this helps
For number 1, I think you are right, it's because my dvd is 4:3

As for number 2, I only have the backup camera and rear sensor so I don't have a PDC button I also tried assigning a memory preset to the reverse camera and it won't let me. The reason I want this is that I use it when I am parking forwards in my garage to tell if I'm in far enough for the garage door to close. The only way I can turn the camera on is by putting it in reverse and then drive to continue parking.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #222
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

SUCCESS!!!!! Locked & Coded baby! Thanks Svache for being the pioneer!

A huge thanks to Raspartan for hooking me up. Great meeting you today too!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #223
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
SUCCESS!!!!! Locked & Coded baby! Thanks Svache for being the pioneer!

A huge thanks to Raspartan for hooking me up. Great meeting you today too!
Hey, likewise! Man, you don't waste any time do you?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #224
npgatech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

A little late to the game but first things first. Big fricking thanks to my man - Svache.

This is quite exciting and I will keep a keen eye on this thread for a while...thats for sure.

+ Subscribed.

A few suggestions:

- Automatic headlight on/off button doesn't light up the tail lights. Any parameters that do this? I have to turn on parking lights to enable LED tail light pipes during the day.
- Any way to customize comfort mode? - I'd personally prefer sports steering, suspension and throttle settings but I like the comfort access gear ratios for fuel economy.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #225
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by npgatech View Post
- Automatic headlight on/off button doesn't light up the tail lights. Any parameters that do this? I have to turn on parking lights to enable LED tail light pipes during the day.
Yup, this one works already.. I have only half of it (the outer tail lights) in the current cheat sheet but also found the code for the other half (meaning the inner tail lights) to work simultaneously with the DLR's.. will update the cheat sheet a bit later

Quote:
Originally Posted by npgatech View Post
- Any way to customize comfort mode? - I'd personally prefer sports steering, suspension and throttle settings but I like the comfort access gear ratios for fuel economy.
Haha, I know, so many people want this. I have been looking for it but so far I haven't had much luck. Hope to find it someday though.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #226
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Quote:
Here ya go:

PDC -> 3009 -> V_SCHWELLE_1 -> Werte = FF (max speed to disable top camera view, default 24)
PDC -> 3009 -> V_SCHWELLE_2 -> Werte = FF (max speed to disable rear camera view, default 0F)
PDC -> 3009 -> D_SCHWELLE_1 -> Werte = FF (max distance in meters to disable top camera view, default 32)
PDC -> 3009 -> D_SCHWELLE_2 -> Werte = FF (max distance in meters to disable rear camera view, default 0A)

Only downside is with this that the speed cutoff gets disabled but the distance cutoff not. So after about 255 meter or about 0.2 mile, the camera will still shutoff. They haven't found a fix for this yet (I'm unsure if they're actively searching for this, though).
So for the rear camera what would be the Werte value that I could set it to?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #227
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
So for the rear camera what would be the Werte value that I could set it to?
FF is the highest possible, so I'd set it to that.. it will say "unknown" but that's no problem, it works perfect like that in my situation =)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #228
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Quote:
FF is the highest possible, so I'd set it to that.. it will say "unknown" but that's no problem, it works perfect like that in my situation =)
Great thank you! One more question for the f10 do you know how to get the temp and digital psi for tpms?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #229
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
Great thank you! One more question for the f10 do you know how to get the temp and digital psi for tpms?
That should be this one:

HU_CIC -> 3001 EXBOX -> RDC_SAFETY -> chance to aktiv / Werte=01 (original nicht_aktiv / Werte=00)

However, for reasons unknown at this time, it is not working for all the cars. Some did get it working, some didn't. It's probably a hit or miss

I will update my first post with the latest F10 cheat sheet, which includes all this as well

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #230
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Just had a first trial at coding. After the odd head scratching in places it was quite straightforward thanks to Svache's excellent worksheets and instructions!

First job was to activate the rear lights in DRL mode.
Works a treat!

I'm feeling pretty chuffed as I'm by no means a techie!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #231
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01
Just had a first trial at coding. After the odd head scratching in places it was quite straightforward thanks to Svache's excellent worksheets and instructions!

First job was to activate the rear lights in DRL mode.
Works a treat!

I'm feeling pretty chuffed as I'm by no means a techie!

Cheers.
Awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out nice

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #232
dtliao
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10 535xi

Hello I've always been just reading the threads, but finally registered so I can post here! : )

svache thank you so much for bringing this to the topic!!

I finally got my cable today after two weeks of waiting and already coded to remember auto start/stop's last setting, and it works!! yay

I have one questions tho, for the 'kick' to open the tailgate, would it be possible to shorten the delay time till it opens? I have to wait about a second before it pops after the kick. (I'm driving a 2012 f10)

Again, thanks so much for everyone contributed to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #233
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtliao View Post
I have one questions tho, for the 'kick' to open the tailgate, would it be possible to shorten the delay time till it opens? I have to wait about a second before it pops after the kick. (I'm driving a 2012 f10)
I have honestly no idea lol.. I know there's quite a few guys doing coding on the F10 and they did some work on the trunk as well but I'm not exactly sure what it was as I didn't really follow that discussion online.

I will ask one of them to come here and answer your question

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #234
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtliao View Post
I just spoke to one of the F10 guys but he couldn't answer me this as he drives a 2011 F10 without the possibility to kick the trunk to open. However, since this function should be similar as it is in the F30, I just looked at the code and found the following two things:

FEM_BODY -> 3040 ClMaster -> CLM_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID
FEM_BODY -> 30D0 RemoteControl -> RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID

Both have as comment "timeout for delayed open control of the bootlid", so it is very well possible this is what you are looking for.

Now, I am unsure if you can find this at the same location at the F10 because I have no idea what all the various modules and the exact function names are in the F10 but I have a feeling it should be either in the CAS or FRM modules. If you use the search function, I'm sure you should be able to find it. Just remember to make a backup and write down the original values and then just fiddle a bit with the settings

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #235
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

I don't want to get top far off topic but wouldn't keeping the tail lights on all the time be a safety hazard as nobody could tell when you are braking? Or on braking do they just get more bright and include the top brake light and thats enough of a difference?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #236
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
I don't want to get top far off topic but wouldn't keeping the tail lights on all the time be a safety hazard as nobody could tell when you are braking? Or on braking do they just get more bright and include the top brake light and thats enough of a difference?
The brake lights are separate and much brighter than the taillights. It would be quite obvious when braking.
I actually think the reverse and having DRLs at the rear means you car is more visible and if anything improving safety and visibility to other road users.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #237
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Do we know if Sport + function can be enabled for non sport models?
I noticed if I hold down the DSC button for a few seconds I get Dynamic mode without DSC or something like that on the screen. Is this the same as sport +?

Also do we know where I can find the folders which look after the adaptive headlights?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #238
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
The brake lights are separate and much brighter than the taillights. It would be quite obvious when braking.
I actually think the reverse and having DRLs at the rear means you car is more visible and if anything improving safety and visibility to other road users.
This is correct. The tail lights that you use as DLR's are the same ones that you are using with your normal headlights, just the two LED stripes that go from left to right. The brake light itself is a different bulb and it's very clear that there is a difference

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #239
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Do we know if Sport + function can be enabled for non sport models?
I noticed if I hold down the DSC button for a few seconds I get Dynamic mode without DSC or something like that on the screen. Is this the same as sport +?

Also do we know where I can find the folders which look after the adaptive headlights?
I don't know if Sport+ can be enabled in non-sport models. The dynamic mode without DSC sounds a bit like it is sport plus.. When I am in my car in a few hours I will test to see if I can get it in Dynamic mode by holding the DSC button and see if it is similar or the same

I think you should be looking at FEM_BODY for the headlights. The FEM module is mostly about the front, the REM is there for the rear

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #240
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Great Svache thanks I'll take a look.

Do you know if it's possible to browse the folders without being connected to the car?
This would be useful for searching for things without killing the battery.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #241
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Great Svache thanks I'll take a look.

Do you know if it's possible to browse the folders without being connected to the car?
This would be useful for searching for things without killing the battery.
Well, it seems you can code with the engine on.. lots of people have been doing this without any issues and I am currently doing this myself as well. It seems to be ok.

But, yeah, you can browse 'offline' as well, it's what I usually do. Basically you need to back up the files (read them) as described in the various guides in the first post, and then you can open them in e-sys by going to 'editors & viewers' and then to 'FDL-Editor'. It will then ask for the pin, then you can click on the button next to the text field where it says 'File Name', just open one of the CAFD files (the ones with the .ncd extentions) and you can browse them

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #242
Erik.klenke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Cable

Sean,

I would like to get a cable built for my 2012 328i. Please let me know how to get in touch with you. I can't seem to find anyway to send you a direct message on the forum?

Thanks,
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
Svache,

Thanks for putting this out to the F30 community.

@aarslan,

Sure I'll ship to you in Turkey but you'll need to deal with Turkish customs There is $6.05 already built into the $25.00 for shipping, so you'd just have to make up the difference in cost. I'll need your address to get a firm price for you. I'd also like to insure the package but will discuss after you decide if you want to go this route.

If any of you have questions feel free to PM me or post here. If you want to build your own cable I built a cable how-to, so I'm sure svache will add it to the main post.

Sean
Appreciate 0