F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > About time to sell the F30...thoughts
Studio RSR

03-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

About time to sell the F30...thoughts

Guys, I'm going to list my F30 probably before the end of April. At that point it'll have 17 mos of CPO warranty plus maintenance left on it.

I'm trying to figure out the best place to list the car? Autotrader? I hate giving Autotrader my money since they've been really douchey the last few times I've used them but for a car like this it still seems like the best option available?

Any other suggestions on maximizing my value? Obviously I'll also list it here...
      03-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
TinkyWinks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

I primarily use CarGuru.com when searching for my F30. You should take a look at it their site. Although, I’m not sure about selling/posting fees.
Appreciate 1
OUGrad05525.00
      03-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Can you list it on true car or is that dealers only?... 17 months left... why are you selling it so early?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Can you list it on true car or is that dealers only?... 17 months left... why are you selling it so early?
Good question, I don't have to sell it early, if I can't get a price I want, I won't...but several reasons...

1) I do go to the track, took my F30 out there a few months ago and had an absolute blast, but it was my first visit in a couple years...but my friend at work and our CFO and CEO both like track days as well so we've got another one scheduled with two more likely before the end of the year. I'm not really comfortable beating on my daily driver constantly at the track, yes I know the car can technically take it but it's still hard on the car, hard to justify that...So I'm going to go back to having a more trackable weekend car (as when I had my C5 Z06). So maybe pick up a Camaro SS 1LE, Corvette Grand Sport, Porsche Cayman or something along those lines for track/weekend work. I would like to have something that day-to-day is still a good car but cheaper to run since track days are pricey. You can eat up a set of pads and tires in one or two track days, that gets pricey on the BMW and as a DD I'd be replacing tires two or three times a year.

2) I have vehicle ADD and I've had the car nearly three years which is a pretty good run for me, ready for something different and preferably a touch bigger inside since my girls are growing. If I get something similarly sized, I'd probably go Golf GTI since I love those little cars.

3) With significant warranty left to transfer to new owner I think it will be easier to sell as opposed to waiting 15 or 18 months till there is no warranty left on the car and no free service.

Finally, if it doesn't sell, it's been a great car I can just keep driving it. If I wake up in 18 mos and it hasn't sold I can trade it in and not leave thousands on the table in warranty/service value. I will try to unload the FR-S pretty quickly and buy the weekend car so that will keep track days off the BMW for the remainder of my ownership.