F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT EVO ID5 Retrofit - small issue encountered
Extreme Powerhouse

01-17-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

NBT EVO ID5 Retrofit - small issue encountered

Hi, I have retrofitted a NBT EVO ID4 to replace the car’s small headunit.

Every main function, media, navigation, rearview cam, etc., is working well without problem, except that I found the main menu is different from what well know huge Icon Menu (MediaRadio, Communication, Navigation, ConnectedDrive, My Vehicle, Notification) for ID5 main menu. What I have is a text based list view for main menu.

The interface inside is ID5 style which is normal. When I VO code NBT with my own FA, it is successful without error.

Is there anything I missed? Or there is control parameter in the system or FDL control to control the visual appearance of main menu?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Last edited by Coolala; 01-17-2017 at 02:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolala View Post
Hi, I have retrofitted a NBT EVO ID4 to replace the car’s small headunit.

Every main function, media, navigation, rearview cam, etc., is working well without problem, except that I found the main menu is different from what well know huge Icon Menu (MediaRadio, Communication, Navigation, ConnectedDrive, My Vehicle, Notification) for ID5 main menu. What I have is a text based list view for main menu.

The interface inside is ID5 style which is normal. When I VO code NBT with my own FA, it is successful without error.

Is there anything I missed? Or there is control parameter in the system or FDL control to control the visual appearance of main menu?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Where did you buy this head unit from?

Looks like it was flashed to ID5 from ID4 and it is not coded properly. To change the menu look you need to FDL code HMI_ID_VERSION to ID5 and HMI_VERSION to ID5.

I can tell you right now though, that's just the start of things and you have A LOT of work to do.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
Where did you buy this head unit from?

Looks like it was flashed to ID5 from ID4 and it is not coded properly. To change the menu look you need to FDL code HMI_ID_VERSION to ID5 and HMI_VERSION to ID5.

I can tell you right now though, that's just the start of things and you have A LOT of work to do.
Hi bimmercoders, thanks for your reply.
I don't know the source, but one thing I'm very sure it is ID5, since the production date of the NBT evo is mid 2016. All other interface is ID5.
Anyway, I will try the FDL code you mentioned and update the result here again.
For other function like navigation and ID5 map, they are working well without problem. "There is a lot of work to do...", what are they? Do you mind share something?
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0