F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > The Driving Rant Thread
GetBMWParts

05-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #23
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

mini fucking vans and Hyundai drivers
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #24
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Drivers from Maryland...worst drivers on the planet.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #25
russellsdad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive SPY

+1 for Toyota drivers. Especially Prius and Corolla drivers. Can't really be too surprised though since it seems like most Toyota owners buy them for reliable point A to point B transportation and could care less how they drive.
2015 Maserati GranTurismo Sport, Bianco Eldorado
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #26
BMWbill
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 M-Sport wagon, E46 M3

OK, glad I found a place to rant. Something annoys me quite frequently about Honda cars, (And I guess Acuras too)
Whenever I see a car driving down my suburban street at night with no headlights on, 75% of the time it is a Honda. I have noticed this for years and years. It cannot be a coincidence. I am pretty sure the reason is because Honda cars have bright fluorescent lit up dash boards that are turned on all the time, and therefore they can see their gauges just fine with no exterior lights on, while other cars have dark dashboards at night, signaling to drivers that their lights are off. Also, Honda drivers are statistically not driver-oriented, car people. They are more likely to be inept at noticing their driving environment. And it is even more dangerous in the rain naturally.
Anyway, I see this almost once a week, so, that is my rant for Monday.

F31 Estoril Blue Wagon | E46 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 1958 BMW R50 | 1981 BMW Café Racer
My BMW café racer on BikeEXIF
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #27
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbill View Post
OK, glad I found a place to rant. Something annoys me quite frequently about Honda cars, (And I guess Acuras too)
Whenever I see a car driving down my suburban street at night with no headlights on, 75% of the time it is a Honda. I have noticed this for years and years. It cannot be a coincidence. I am pretty sure the reason is because Honda cars have bright fluorescent lit up dash boards that are turned on all the time, and therefore they can see their gauges just fine with no exterior lights on, while other cars have dark dashboards at night, signaling to drivers that their lights are off. Also, Honda drivers are statistically not driver-oriented, car people. They are more likely to be inept at noticing their driving environment. And it is even more dangerous in the rain naturally.
I guess Honda gauges are really bright if it reflects off their faces and lights up the road too!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #28
X2 Monstah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Amen! Especially the thousands who come to VA and then complain that VA roads are congested!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #29
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

As far as Toyota drivers go, I think people associate them with being bad drivers because you see so many of them and because the people who do buy them don't care about driving so they tend to be pretty lazy about it.

In my experience, if you're driving a Camry from the 90s or a Lexus ES, then steer clear from them.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #30
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Worst driver in my neighborhood is actually an X5 M. I normally drive about 10-15mph, the streets are that narrow (poor sightlines, no sidewalks) meanwhile this guy goes ripping through like he's running LeMans. He's going to run over a neighbor's kid one of these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #31
ardyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320xi

On looker delay. I was going home from Columbia, SC yesterday and just north of Fredricksburg, VA was a couple of rednecks holding an anti-illegal immigrant sign off the side of an overpass. Backed traffic up to a crawl for 10 miles and took me an hour to get through it.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #32
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
They LOVE the left lane and will squeeze in front of you if you only have 6 inches between you and the other car.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #33
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardyer View Post
On looker delay. I was going home from Columbia, SC yesterday and just north of Fredricksburg, VA was a couple of rednecks holding an anti-illegal immigrant sign off the side of an overpass. Backed traffic up to a crawl for 10 miles and took me an hour to get through it.
Should have called the cops on those bastards and give them a little taste of their own medicine.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #34
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

Quote:
+1,000,000

I was about to post this. BTW, this is true for Toyotas as well.

I believe this is due to that fact that they have DRLs that also illuminate the instrument lights. So, the folks without automatic lights get in their car at night and they see the cluster lights on and think all is good. There is generally enough street lighting to see and they see their DRLs shining of the car in front when they stop so they are clueless that they have no taillights on.

I have come to expect to see this at least once or twice whenever I drive at night. I gave a Yaris a friendly high beam flash once and he must have thought I was trying to get him to go faster. When I passed him I tried to idicate he needed lights and he flipped me off and proceeded to get behind me and flash his high beams. Seems those still work with only DRLs on.

IMO, this is a serious safety issue NHTSA should be taking Honda and Toyota to task for and forcing recalls to fix the bad design.

2012 F30 335i 6MT - Imperial Blue w/Everest Gray: Sport, Adaptive M, Premium, Tech & Parking Pkgs, Assist, Apps
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #35
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Part of my evening commute is on a westbound 4-lane turnpike. Westbound...so the sun is setting in front of you. Every evening at the same locations, you come around a bend and get hit with sunlight. And at each of those locations, there are massive slowdowns and traffic because people slam on their brakes, slow down to half the speed limit and start flipping sun visors and/or putting on sunglasses. If you do this every day, you'd think people would actually prepare BEFORE the sun hits their eyes, rather than turn a half hour ride into an hour.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #36
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

A few I encounter daily here in Toronto:

- people that don't accelerate on highway onramps. How do these people expect to merge with traffic going well over 100 km/h when they are only at 60 km/h
- people with either too much light or not enough lights on. It's either some idiot driving with aftermarket xenon lights blinding everyone, or conversely someone driving in the dark and/or bad weather with just their DRLs on.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #37
Jdem2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
They LOVE the left lane and will squeeze in front of you if you only have 6 inches between you and the other car.
Amen!

Hand to god I have seen MD drivers merge onto 270 in Montgomery Cty, shoot 3 lanes over to the left lane, only to get off at the next exit a mile down the road.

What is the fascination with the left lane? Then there could be 30 cars behind them and they will NOT move over. My wife and I joke about it driving on 81, 76, 78 and 95 all the time...a car holding up the left lane is always from MD.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #38
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Whenever I see a car driving down my suburban street at night with no headlights on, 75% of the time it is a Honda. I have noticed this for years and years. It cannot be a coincidence. I am pretty sure the reason is because Honda cars have bright fluorescent lit up dash boards that are turned on all the time, and therefore they can see their gauges just fine with no exterior lights on, while other cars have dark dashboards at night, signaling to drivers that their lights are off.
Having just come from a 2004 Acura TL, I can tell you that you're exactly right. That car didn't have automatic headlights (why?), and it provided absolutely no visual clue to the driver that his headlights are off.

Really, really poor design.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #39
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330 View Post
I guess Honda gauges are really bright if it reflects off their faces and lights up the road too!
They are equally bright whether the headlights are on or off. In a well lit environment, there's pretty much no visual indication to the driver that his headlights aren't on. (At least that was the case in my 2004 TL.)

Of course, that's no excuse, but a bit of a reminder when starting out after a 20 hour workday or 18 hour flight wouldn't go amiss.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #40
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher View Post
Having just come from a 2004 Acura TL, I can tell you that you're exactly right. That car didn't have automatic headlights (why?), and it provided absolutely no visual clue to the driver that his headlights are off.

Really, really poor design.
I had a '05 Civic back in the day. I found it annoying that the gauge cluster (by default) was lit during the day, yet the car had no DRL or auto headlights. You could turn this off, which was a nice option. However, you KNOW when your headlights are on or off. I mean just look at your interior, nothing is lit at night (like climate control knobs or transmission lever, or anything). That was my visual cue in the Civic that the headlights weren't on.

The MB CLS was a different story. It had auto lights, but I never used them since I couldn't use the fog lights in auto mode. I had to turn the headlight switch to the on position and pull out once for front fogs (and twice for rear fogs). It didn't have any indicators on the dash that your headlights were on. I hate how on the BMW 3 it tells me the headlights are on, I don't want to know.

It's funny to see people complaining about other state drivers. My parents live in MD, and I can tell you MD drivers are the WORST. They are in the same class amongst NYC drivers, NJ drivers, DC drivers and VA drivers - everyone sucks at driving. All the drivers in that area make it so unpleasing to drive. I just hate driving there, so I usually fly in. Unlucky for me, I have to drive there for the long weekend
      05-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #41
rjpeaks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport 6pd

take a drive in Hawaii...
      05-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #42
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

- People who turn right from the middle of the lane, making all traffic slow down/stop until the car finally turns.
- People who have their phones in their ears and have no clue what they are doing
-people who speed up when you try to pass
- People who can't adapt to speed limit changes, i.e. the speed limit changes to 65, but they continue to drive 40.
- Diesel trucks that smoke you out with that dumb black smoke
- Honda's, VW's, Toyotas, etc. with those stupid clear tail lights
- people who play their music at full blast (usually Dodge Chargers) with their windows down, probably thinking " wow, I bet everyone wishes they had my 6-speaker stereo"
-People that don't use the designated lanes for slow pokes, so regular traffic can pass.
- People who see that you are driving fast, but feel that (at the last second) they need to pass the car in front of them going only 1 MPH slower, forcing you to brake.
-People that toss their cigarette butts out their windows.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #43
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Ah driving rants.

Don't come to a complete stop BEFORE you change into your left-turn-only lane. Especially when you have a red for left and the straight is green. Drives me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #44
Alpha Dog 23
Born BMW, Die BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Space Grey

Minivan driving soccer moms who are screaming at their kids, texting, and messing with the radio, steering with their leg, and looking at their phone, not to mention hogging the left lane going 50 in a 60. Not to call anyone out on this but especially if you have the family stick figure stickers, PLEASE GET IN THE RIGHT LANE, and at least drive with one hand.
Appreciate 0