F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Have you considered Paint Protection on your new BMW?
GetBMWParts

12-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #45
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Hey guys, I keep hearing about this Morrie guy who details your BMWs.. @beemerman, would you mind sharing Morrie's details with me so I can ring and get a quote for detailing etc.

Thanks and if privacy is an issue, feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #46
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Never mind, found his website. For anyone who's interest, just look up Reflection Perfection in google.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #47
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

TWD saw on CCP that you tried the 22PLE glass coats... got any pics available?

Also Im curious on how to remove this product for the follow on application. They dont seem to have a website set up yet even but seems that they have been selling their products for awhile now.

From everything that I read it offers the best protection like opticoat/hardbody and wet/glossy look
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #48
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
TWD saw on CCP that you tried the 22PLE glass coats... got any pics available?

Also Im curious on how to remove this product for the follow on application. They dont seem to have a website set up yet even but seems that they have been selling their products for awhile now.

From everything that I read it offers the best protection like opticoat/hardbody and wet/glossy look
Jin, there are a few photos on our facebook page - Check the red Merc C Coupe. Will also be applying to M3 CS & a Bentley GT in the near future. Stil not sure, but might also apply to a Ferrari too.

It's a great product, but I think Hard Body is great too, considering how easy it is to use and apply.

The glass coating is great, no where near as slick as Hard Body, but very wet looking. Looks smooth, but to the touch, it isn't smooth as other sealants.

To remove the glass coating, you will need decontamination and some serious polishing.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #49
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wow looks great.. The only thing that concerns me is this serious polishing effort to get the coating off.. i believe Hard Body would be easily removed with normal hand polishing compared to this Glass Coating.

The only reason I would consider this is because Swissvax only seems to last roughly 3 months or about 12-15 washes.

Will you guys be looking at expanding to Melb anytime soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Jin, there are a few photos on our facebook page - Check the red Merc C Coupe. Will also be applying to M3 CS & a Bentley GT in the near future. Stil not sure, but might also apply to a Ferrari too.

It's a great product, but I think Hard Body is great too, considering how easy it is to use and apply.

The glass coating is great, no where near as slick as Hard Body, but very wet looking. Looks smooth, but to the touch, it isn't smooth as other sealants.

To remove the glass coating, you will need decontamination and some serious polishing.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #50
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Wow looks great.. The only thing that concerns me is this serious polishing effort to get the coating off.. i believe Hard Body would be easily removed with normal hand polishing compared to this Glass Coating.

The only reason I would consider this is because Swissvax only seems to last roughly 3 months or about 12-15 washes.

Will you guys be looking at expanding to Melb anytime soon?
To give you an idea, I'm finding it hard to choose what to put on one of my cars. Choice is between Glass Coat, Hard Body and Nanolex Ultra...as I believe these are the best sealants out there at the moment.

I've used Hard Body on many cars now and the results are always fantastic....even after many months of usage.

As much as we'd like to expand into Melbourne, I can't see it happening this year...although I may do some short trips but will have to confirm at a later stage.

If you are looking for someone in Melbourne who can do the Hard Body application, best to speak to Morrie from Reflection Perfection. Tell him TWD sent you. Alot of the forum members here have had been happy with him and his work too.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #51
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
I've used Hard Body on many cars now and the results are always fantastic....even after many months of usage.

If you are looking for someone in Melbourne who can do the Hard Body application, best to speak to Morrie from Reflection Perfection. Tell him TWD sent you. Alot of the forum members here have had been happy with him and his work too.
+1
Hard Body is so good, I've taken the opportunity to use a very fine clay bar (with plenty of lubricant of course) on the hood to effectively remove some fine grits without affecting Hard Body.

+1 for Morrie.
I've been 'supplementing' (for want of a better word) my car's Hard Body coating with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer, for added looks/feel etc, which only adds to the hydrophobic effect of the car's body.

Last edited by David328M-Sport; 01-15-2013 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #52
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
+1 and +1
I've been 'supplementing' (for want of a better word) my car's Hard Body coating with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer, for added looks/feel etc.
Cool... I know you posted quite a few shots when you picked up your ride.. have you got any after the detail David?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #53
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Cool... I know you posted quite a few shots when you picked up your ride.. have you got any after the detail David?
Pretty much would look the same post detail as the dealer's glaze has the same look but obviously not the protection. However, after every wash (snow foam, 2 bucket, blow dry and Ultimate Detailer) the body, where I dare to gently glide my clean fingers over it it ever so lightly, feels so smooth (mainly when closing the boot) and so far looks swirl free.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #54
TWD
Australia
Rep

One of the most important things about Hard Body (and other sealants) is that it makes very light work of washing/drying the vehicle.

The GTR spits out a lot of fuel from exhausts (typical turbo car with big pipes) and simply use a high pressure hose to rinse off any splatter and contaminants that are on the paintwork. It's so easy in fact, just a quick 2 bucket wash (light pressure - simply glide along the paintwork) and the car is spotless again.
When it comes to drying, most of the water has been sheeted off and the waffle weave towels we sell immediately finish the rest. So easy!
The entire car can be SAFELY washed with 2 bucket method and proper technique within 45 minutes.

Similarly, with the Glass Coating, I've never seen water just dance around the paintwork like it does on the Mercedes.
Best of all - bird droppings are taken care of with a spray bottle of water. Simply spray the droppings at an angle and they are immediately lifted off the paintwork. In fact most of the contaminants just comes off with water and the beading is very tight - similar to glass on your car.

It's amazing to see how far sealant/coating technology has come. There are some fantastic products out there and can't wait to see more
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #55
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Pretty much would look the same post detail as the dealer's glaze has the same look but obviously not the protection. However, after every wash (snow foam, 2 bucket, blow dry and Ultimate Detailer) the body, where I dare to gently glide my clean fingers over it it ever so lightly, feels so smooth (mainly when closing the boot) and so far looks swirl free.
Dave, we compared two Valencia Orange BMW 1Ms - one brand new with no protection (only a few days old). The other, an 8 month old car with Hard Body.
When parked side by side, we could immediately we see the difference in finish. The protected 8 month old car had more depth in colour and an obvious increase in reflection. It's quite impressive stuff!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #56
beemermans
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Morrie is doing my Melbourne red within the month i hope in Hard body. I had him booked earlier but I had to cancel unfortunately.
He has done a few now. He has a few up on Detail Paradise. Love the work he did on this BMW 330ci though
http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...lf-s-Hard-Body
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #57
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermans View Post
Morrie is doing my Melbourne red within the month i hope in Hard body.
Yes, Morrie has detailed a few F30s now. Just chat to him about HB. I'm sure it's his first choice of protection/sealant for our cars anyway.

Just be aware HB is a 'nano coating' sealant & (gentle) scratch protectant and is NOT designed to deliberately enhance a car's paintwork lustre. Although my car's painter looked so slick after Morrie finished with it, that result was due to it being de-glazed and properly cleaned, not so much because of HB.

HB comes into its own during rainfall and especially when washing the car. The water beading is fantastic and once the dirt has been removed, the drops just glide off the horizontal panels with ease during the sheeting or blow drying process of car washing. The drops don't even stick to the vertical panels. Yes, they will do that on non treated cars.

In fact, when I rinse the door panels, it's as if there's a force field/shield (choose your own word) as the door panels are literally 'dry' the instant I stop rinsing.

My EB car does not have a terribly deep or even rich blue to it compared to many other nice blue cars. HB just keeps it looking freshly washed, shiny and new.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #58
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D msport

How does opticoat or similar protections look on non-metallic paint eg. Alpine white?
      01-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #59
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-A View Post
How does opticoat or similar protections look on non-metallic paint eg. Alpine white?
after i did opticoat, looks alright

01-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #60
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
after i did opticoat, looks alright

Looks great - thanks
      01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #61
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Hmm Bimmer-A just realized in your sig. that you're expecting delivery in March?

When was your order placed? I thought demand would have cooled down abit and you coulda got it sooner.

OptiCoat- May try that on the next car for sure, seems like alot of people are happy with the results..Another great glass protectant is AQuarts and 22PLE Glass Coat (<- Big Hype about this lately). Try this(Swissvax Nano Express) as a top op wax/sealant for protection every month or so it adds alot of depth and luster, I use it in between my full details. It's just a wipe on wipe off after a car wash, from my experience it offers better depth in colour compared to other products like ultimate quik wax (meguiars) or Dodo's Red Mist
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #62
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hmm Bimmer-A just realized in your sig. that you're expecting delivery in March?

When was your order placed? I thought demand would have cooled down abit and you coulda got it sooner.

OptiCoat- May try that on the next car for sure, seems like alot of people are happy with the results..Another great glass protectant is AQuarts and 22PLE Glass Coat (<- Big Hype about this lately). Try this(Swissvax Nano Express) as a top op wax/sealant for protection every month or so it adds alot of depth and luster, I use it in between my full details. It's just a wipe on wipe off after a car wash, from my experience it offers better depth in colour compared to other products like ultimate quik wax (meguiars) or Dodo's Red Mist
ordered very late December - wanted MY13 build also to ensure new nav and previously mentioned issues were hopefully ironed out (eg rusty seats!)

swissvax sounds useful - Thanks ! Will look into it
      03-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #63
makro
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi Everyone,

My first post after months n months of reading.

+1 for Morrie at Reflection Perfection. He applied the Cquartz Finest over the weekend.

He even removed a scratch from the Mrs car on the house.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #64
beemermans
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

This isnt it is it? http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...Cquartz-Finest
Its his latest one on the weekend. As soon as you mentioned it, I did a search, he loves the f30's. And he normally posts them up. Im reading a lot of great reviews for this finest stuff at the moment......seems to be gaining popularity.

And thumbs up for getting the scratch out of the wifes car on the house, he is really good like that.

Last edited by beemermans; 03-25-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #65
makro
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thats the one. Morrie took loads of photos about 50 is what he mentioned.

He loves to share his knowledge and for a newbie like me it was really useful.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #66
TWD
Australia
Rep

Been a while, but here's another 2013 BMW X3 2.0d.

We used Hard Body on paintwork & Nanolex on the wheels. You can clearly see that the Alpine White retains gloss. It's very slick to the touch.

See the rest of the photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=3
Appreciate 0