F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > More F30 Squeak and Rattle Fixes for you Guys.
ARMA SPEED

03-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #45
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
I had a nasty sounding one that started on a drive home today and it was a loud clicking that appeared to be coming from the steering wheel area. Possibly from under the plastic cover that covers the wiper and turn signal stalks.

I really really hope it goes away because I can hear it even with music in some cases, and I like to listen to Elvis Duran in the morning so it would be very annoying to hear that clicking all day every day. I would lose my sanity.
Must be the same buzzing noise that i hear when i drive at freeway speed. It took three trips to the service department last year to quiet it down a bit but it started buzzing terribly again recently. The interesting thing is, i also heard it from an almost brand new loaner 328i a couple of months ago so this problem appears to affect a lot of F3X cars. When i take my car back to the service department, i am going to ask them how to pop out the plastic piece on the steering column. That way, i can attempt to fix it on my own without having to visit the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #46
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktula View Post
Must be the same buzzing noise that i hear when i drive at freeway speed. It took three trips to the service department last year to quiet it down a bit but it started buzzing terribly again recently. The interesting thing is, i also heard it from an almost brand new loaner 328i a couple of months ago so this problem appears to affect a lot of F3X cars. When i take my car back to the service department, i am going to ask them how to pop out the plastic piece on the steering column. That way, i can attempt to fix it on my own without having to visit the dealership.
I took that cover off, my air vent, and my light switch off, still heard it. Took my hanging tree air freshener off then it stopped.... Not sure how that could cause a clicking sound but knock on wood I haven't heard it since.
      06-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #47
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlkir5 View Post
Same problem here. Car driven under 2000km.

Also i have some high pitched noise coming from somewhere in front doors when I music is turned up. (hk hifi)
Try using some paint sealant (for cars) on the shadowline trim. That's worked for me in the past.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #48
expl0de
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320d and e92 320i

When listening to loud music my passenger side dash/A-pillar was rattling bad in other conditions it didn't rattle at all. I thought it was the windscreen washer since the many complains on the forum, but after unclipping the back part of my fender liner, the washer didn't rattle at all when moved by hand. Second thought were the side skirts, since they rattle a lot from outside the car. But both of them were rattling the same and the interior rattle was only from passenger dash/A-pillar side. So decided to remove the A pillar trim and check what is going on. First removed the door rubber seal and looked inside through the gap. I saw 2 white paper rolls and managed to remove them with long stick without disassembling more. That solved the problem. The previous owner put his parking tickets between the dash and window and forgot to remove them, so two of them fell behind and were rattling.
I couldn't believe how much a piece of paper can rattle against plastic
Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #49
LlamaLouis93
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 320i & F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
As it got colder here In the region, naturally the plastic inside these cars gets very cold and stiff. I discovered a few more rattle fixes for you guys.

As always not all of you may experience these rattles. In this thread Im going to post up 2 fixes and Ill post up another one tomorrow as I didnt take photos of the 3rd fix and I reassembled the car due to time constraints.

Only tool needed in these 2 fixes are

1. Flat head screwdriver
2. Foam tape, or squeak and rattle tape as I used in all of my fixes.

The 1st one was happening as my car's console was flexing, the I Drive controler aluminum trim piece was squeaking so to speak. I took this off and added foam so it sits on this instead of cold hard plastic.

The 2nd one is inside the console, its a very easy fix just follow the picure. For this one you really dont need any tools at all. Just you're fingers.

I did these and my car has never been so quiet before, and rattle free. I suggest doing this cold or not.
Hi i have been fighting to find my squeak somewhere around the rear AC vent sounds like it is deeper inside i tried moving the AC pipe around and opened on top by the I-drive controller but still no luck, it's a loud annoying squeak that cones almost constantly for the last month , speed and road surface don't have much affect, had someone else drive and I sat in the rear, im sure its coming from inside that console, unless it's something under the car which i doubt . Thanks for any advice 🤙🤙
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #50
harshil102
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLouis93 View Post
Hi i have been fighting to find my squeak somewhere around the rear AC vent sounds like it is deeper inside i tried moving the AC pipe around and opened on top by the I-drive controller but still no luck, it's a loud annoying squeak that cones almost constantly for the last month , speed and road surface don't have much affect, had someone else drive and I sat in the rear, im sure its coming from inside that console, unless it's something under the car which i doubt . Thanks for any advice 🤙🤙
Does it happen more over rough bumps and/or do you get metallic rattling/screeching noise on hard 1st/2nd gear acceleration? I had a similar rattle there driving me crazy that was caused by broken parking brake cable clips under the car. Fixed it with zip ties since the original clips are prone to breaking anyways and replacement requires dropping the exhaust and lowering the fuel tank.
Appreciate 0