F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > 328iGT M Sport vs Sport Line
GetBMWParts

08-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Han So1o
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 335i AW, M Sport with 19's

328iGT M Sport vs Sport Line

Hello All,

I'm debating between the 2 lines. In the past I've owned M or M sport packaged cars. I like the sport seats, beefier steering, suspension feel, and exhaust note.

Does the sport line have a beefy steering wheel and sport exhaust note? Or is it only on the M sport, or is only on the 335i's?

My coworker has a regular 328i sedan and it's so quiet

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
Bavarianwagon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G31

Sportline models doesn't come with any sort of performance exhaust. The exhaust tip does change but doesn't affect the noise at all. I don't think the M-sport models come with one either. You'll have to upgrade to a M-performance exhaust or aftermarket solutions. Supersprint for example offers performance exhausts for the F34 GT. The F34 exhaust is a bit longer than the F30 FYI.

You do get a sportier leather steering wheel however. Which is very lovely. Granted not as thick as the M-sport one.
You do get sport seats. Which are supportive and compfy but not as aggressive as the M-sport ones.

Again the M-sport package is much more aggressive in general than the Sportline package. Suspension is also stiffer on the M-sport cars. The M-sport package also makes the GT look much meaner and sportier. Which is super nice if you can afford it ; )

So in short. Sportline is more subtle and the M-sport package is more aggressive.

For the record my GT is equipped with the Sportline package.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Note that in the US, all GTs are xDrive, so their is no M Sport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
2msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228 MT

Also, It appears BMWs latest active sound is becoming more aggressive than in the past. (due to complaints of lackluster sound) The first f30s in 2012 were whisper quiet. It seems theres been a progression in making them sound beefier. I can attest after having numerous 2014 & 2015 loaner 3 & 4 series. So depending on the year of your friends 328, there should be a nice improvement over that. I know its 'fake' and doesn't do anything for the exterior but at least from the driver seat you'll be more engaged. Then throw on an aftermarket exhaust to finish the job.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 03:09 AM   #5
Han So1o
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 335i AW, M Sport with 19's

i'm surprised to hear about the sound. I have a 2013 335i M sport. and the exhaust sounds nice. not overly aggressive, but it has a nice sound when you start the car and accelerate. I thought it was either from the 3.5 engine or the M sport package.

my friends 328i is a 2015.

so the sport line steering wheel is sportier than standard. is it also a little thicker? Or just looks sportier?

i'm about to pick up either the M sport or sport line. I prefer M sport, but it has all these packages i don't need and i'd be paying for. the sport line has the options i need, but I'm unsure of the feel. Of course the sport line isn't close by. gotta make a decision today (wednesday) since my lease is up
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #6
Zebban
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F34 320d PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han So1o View Post
i'm surprised to hear about the sound. I have a 2013 335i M sport. and the exhaust sounds nice. not overly aggressive, but it has a nice sound when you start the car and accelerate. I thought it was either from the 3.5 engine or the M sport package.

my friends 328i is a 2015.

so the sport line steering wheel is sportier than standard. is it also a little thicker? Or just looks sportier?

i'm about to pick up either the M sport or sport line. I prefer M sport, but it has all these packages i don't need and i'd be paying for. the sport line has the options i need, but I'm unsure of the feel. Of course the sport line isn't close by. gotta make a decision today (wednesday) since my lease is up
The Sport Line steering wheel sucks.
When I test drove my GT it apparently had the M sport, but as mine is a company car we're not allowed to add things like M Sport. The car I got had Sport Line and I hated that steering wheel! It feels plastic and not at all sporty. After a year I decided to buy the M Performance in Alcantara and it's a dream compared to the old one, and probably a bit better than the M Sport one as well.
Appreciate 0