F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Buyback
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

07-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #23
armanm
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M Sport2015 535i M S

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ItotheSky View Post
Take the cash...

I've gone through 2 buybacks IN CALIFORNIA ($80k X-models). My first lemon was a full buyback. BMW allowed me to order a brand new vehicle and continue driving the old one as the new one was manufactured. The day it was delivered BMW bought back my Lemoned vehicle and I started a fresh loan, paperwork, credit report, etc. on the new vehicle. Of note, BMW gave me $10k off MSRP. on a brand new VERY HIGH DEMAND vehicle for my trouble.

Second Lemon - BMW gave me a very high trade-in on the "replacement vehicle" spoken about above and I used that toward my current F30. With a bit of hassle it all worked out okay in the end.

I would NOT take the same car, just 1-year newer, as I assure you BMW "compensates" other customers (such as myself) to a far higher level. Stand your ground and tell them that you would like to remain a loyal and long-lasting BMW Customer, but you need some "goodwill" on their part to repair your broken trust in their brand.

BMW NA, seemingly loves to hear how great their vehicles are and how you'd love to remain driving one, etc. It's usually the complete opposite of what they hear from other owners in your position and it has worked VERY well for me on 2 separate occasions.

Naturally, outcomes and situations vary. But, I truly believe you can do MUCH better than a new model year.

Ask for a vehicle that has more equipment for a lower price, or something to that effect. Perhaps lower payments, etc. I assure you they don't want to loose you as a "PAYING" customer.

That's my $0.02... Great job on getting this far with them! Hang in there, it'll work out in the end!

That is what I plan on doing, BMW owes me quite a bit once the buyback is complete. I plan on getting into either a 5 or 6 series.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
armanm
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M Sport2015 535i M S

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
U dont need a lawyer, call them and call ur dealership, i financed my car so what they did is they will swap with the new car, and u will owe same amount on the new one so basically they are just swapping ur cars, u just have to be on top of it and always call and dont feel like u r anoyying u should be, they bmw na are nice but the dealership is the one who might try to screw u, basically the whole process is no cost to you at all, so dont let them say otherwise good luck
Yea the stealership really sucks when it comes to communication. I will be calling BMWNA Monday morning to get an update, its been 3 weeks and the service director from the dealership has failed to contact me.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #25
Cup o' Joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IS350 F Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ItotheSky View Post
Take the cash...

I've gone through 2 buybacks IN CALIFORNIA ($80k X-models). My first lemon was a full buyback. BMW allowed me to order a brand new vehicle and continue driving the old one as the new one was manufactured. The day it was delivered BMW bought back my Lemoned vehicle and I started a fresh loan, paperwork, credit report, etc. on the new vehicle. Of note, BMW gave me $10k off MSRP. on a brand new VERY HIGH DEMAND vehicle for my trouble.

Second Lemon - BMW gave me a very high trade-in on the "replacement vehicle" spoken about above and I used that toward my current F30. With a bit of hassle it all worked out okay in the end.

I would NOT take the same car, just 1-year newer, as I assure you BMW "compensates" other customers (such as myself) to a far higher level. Stand your ground and tell them that you would like to remain a loyal and long-lasting BMW Customer, but you need some "goodwill" on their part to repair your broken trust in their brand.

BMW NA, seemingly loves to hear how great their vehicles are and how you'd love to remain driving one, etc. It's usually the complete opposite of what they hear from other owners in your position and it has worked VERY well for me on 2 separate occasions.

Naturally, outcomes and situations vary. But, I truly believe you can do MUCH better than a new model year.

Ask for a vehicle that has more equipment for a lower price, or something to that effect. Perhaps lower payments, etc. I assure you they don't want to loose you as a "PAYING" customer.

That's my $0.02... Great job on getting this far with them! Hang in there, it'll work out in the end!
Very informative! Mind if I pm you some questions?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

That's unfortunate OP. I hope the issues get handled timely.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

I think it'd be cleaner if they bought the car back and you order what you want.
      07-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #28
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Does anyone know if BMW will buy back a CPO car bought from a dealer that is still under CPO warranty?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
Does anyone know if BMW will buy back a CPO car bought from a dealer that is still under CPO warranty?
If it's under warranty you would think. Should check out your State's Lemon Law.
      07-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #30
Cup o' Joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IS350 F Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Should check out your State's Lemon Law.
I think the reason they do it is to avoid the lawsuits and minimize the financial loss from the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #31
m3eng
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M sport

Does this also apply for people who live in Virginia? Where can I see the "lemon law" for different state?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #32
F30.M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I wished BMW has buyback here north of the border....I have been dealing with the BMW customer service and they are just are brunch of brats, telling me to send the car for service if there is problem. My 335i has the never ending limp mode issue. I asked for compensation and they just told me that's not part of the lease contract. Seriously, I get this kind of treatment for a premium brand?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #33
rizioca
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d MSport

Garage List
Reviving a old thread,
Wondering if anyone here can help me with answers to questions regarding a BMW Buy Back or Trade Assist etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 01:53 AM   #34
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Make your case to BMW and if you're in the right and they won't let lemon the car I would recommend Hiring a lawyer, and in the long term it'll be less headache and less money.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #35
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30.M
I wished BMW has buyback here north of the border....I have been dealing with the BMW customer service and they are just are brunch of brats, telling me to send the car for service if there is problem. My 335i has the never ending limp mode issue. I asked for compensation and they just told me that's not part of the lease contract. Seriously, I get this kind of treatment for a premium brand?
stop the lease payments until they fix your car or give you a offer to buy it back. A lease is basically a rental so if your rental doesn't work than don't pay. Let them know this first to see if they take care of you.
Before you do this though make sure you capture all the limp modes and problems on your car on your phone on video first. Also let them know you will send the information to transport Canada if you aren't taken care of. Tell transport Canada that it is a danger that on the highway you lose power when going to lump mode.
BMW Canada should treat it's customers better since MB is close to taking the sales lead in Canada if they haven't already.
Really boggles my mind how much money these companies spend on advertising/marketing yet to piss off the customers just like that by not taking care of them when a problem arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #36
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMsport View Post
stop the lease payments until they fix your car or give you a offer to buy it back. A lease is basically a rental so if your rental doesn't work than don't pay. Let them know this first to see if they take care of you.
There goes your Credit Rating with an account sent to a Collection Agency.

Major difference in lease and rental car.

Think very hard before taking random advice off the internet.
Appreciate 1
zamboni1127.50
      12-12-2016, 01:29 AM   #37
squeaky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

And don't take random advice that tells you to report BMW to Transport Canada. . when you live in Sacramento. California.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #38
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky
And don't take random advice that tells you to report BMW to Transport Canada. . when you live in Sacramento. California.
f30 said he was north of the Border. North of the US border is Canada where we don't have lemon laws like f30.m indicated.😞
F30.m don't let Americans tell you that you live in Sacramento when you live in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #39
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich
Quote:
There goes your Credit Rating with an account sent to a Collection Agency.

Major difference in lease and rental car.

Think very hard before taking random advice off the internet.
when you quote something you need to read the whole thing. it says use the threat of stopping lease payments to get BMW to fix the car or buy it back. that is why it says " let them know first before you stop lease payments." We don't have lemon laws here. This threat with all the documented problems is usually good enough to get BMW to do something. I mentioned this method because I have had 2 friends who have used this to good success. As long as you are reasonable BMW will try to keep the customer and offer to fix it and if they can't they usually offer to buy it back. You just need to get on their radar. Lawyer letter will also help when threatening to stop payment.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #40
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
when you quote something you need to read the whole thing. it says use the threat of stopping lease payments to get BMW to fix the car or buy it back. that is why it says " let them know first before you stop lease payments." We don't have lemon laws here. This threat with all the documented problems is usually good enough to get BMW to do something. I mentioned this method because I have had 2 friends who have used this to good success. As long as you are reasonable BMW will try to keep the customer and offer to fix it and if they can't they usually offer to buy it back. You just need to get on their radar. Lawyer letter will also help when threatening to stop payment.
Ridiculous.

BMW knows you will not and cannot stop making payments for the reasons I mentioned and you are backtracking on.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #41
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
f30 said he was north of the Border. North of the US border is Canada where we don't have lemon laws like f30.m indicated.😞
F30.m don't let Americans tell you that you live in Sacramento when you live in Canada.
You need glasses.

F30.m posted the question 2 1/2 years ago and lives in Canada. He has not been on a BMW Forum in over 2 years (October 2014).

Rizioca revived the old thread several days ago and lives in Sacramento. All 2016 responses, including yours, have been to him.

Rizioca - don't let some crazy Canuck tell you that you live in Canada when you live in Sacramento.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #42
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich
Quote:
You need glasses.

F30.m posted the question 2 1/2 years ago and lives in Canada. He has not been on a BMW Forum in over 2 years (October 2014).

Rizioca revived the old thread several days ago and lives in Sacramento. All 2016 responses, including yours, have been to him.

Rizioca - don't let some crazy Canuck tell you that you live in Canada when you live in Sacramento.
didn't see that he revised the thread but I QUOTED f30.m so was not responding to the revised person. So still responded to the Canadian north of the border.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread