F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > finished production!!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #45
ckimmel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Ltd

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
Which Dreyer &Reinbold BMW did you go through, North or South? (I figure It's D&R from your sig line). My last one hit Baltimore on a Wednesday and was at the North dealership on Saturday.

If your's is coming to the North dealership, you might head over there and see if it is in. Check the lot north side of dealership on Whitley. Make sure you check row along fence too. (That's where I found mine). My new one just hit port and is waiting on a ship. I got coral red too, but in Sapphire Black.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Logical assumption and I live off 96th St to the East, but I have been using Defouw BMW for my cars. I am a Purdue grad and hence had some connections in Lafayette, so I am getting more competitive deals there. I am/look younger than most dreyer clientel I feel, so I tend to get poor service there, for whatever reason. That is a different thread I suppose. I usually drive Dreyers inventory and then buy from defouw. We were shopping X5s there and were ready to pull the trigger, until I found out that they are doing a redesign/refresh this fall. So, stuck on a BMW, I just emailed my CA at Defouw and said, "I want a 3 series." Prior to that had no intention of getting into one again. Maybe go X5 next time.?

I sure debated black for the exterior on this one, but not the coral red interior. Black is hard to beat. The coral red looks like it will add a nice touch. You know, the one thing I may not like is that my car was spec'd out with the high gloss black trim rather than the brushed aluminum. Who knows how they did that? I didn't really pay attention to that being an option until after it was too late. I a not sure I am going to like that and i am afraid it will look like cheap shiny plastic. Seems like everyone else just got the aluminum.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #46
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckimmel View Post
Logical assumption and I live off 96th St to the East, but I have been using Defouw BMW for my cars.

I sure debated black for the exterior on this one, but not the coral red interior. Black is hard to beat. The coral red looks like it will add a nice touch. You know, the one thing I may not like is that my car was spec'd out with the high gloss black trim rather than the brushed aluminum. Who knows how they did that? I didn't really pay attention to that being an option until after it was too late. I a not sure I am going to like that and i am afraid it will look like cheap shiny plastic. Seems like everyone else just got the aluminum.
LOL! Our stories are the opposite, maybe because I'm an IU grad even though I don't claim to be, but that's a story for another day. My first BMW was from DeFouwe because way back then D&R wouldn't deal. I also live off of 96th but to the west of Keystone, so I'll keep an eye out for you. I think you'll like the gloss black trim as long as you keep it wiped down. I think it really brings out the class along with the sportiness. There already is plenty of aluminum trim to go along with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #47
ckimmel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Ltd

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
LOL! Our stories are the opposite, maybe because I'm an IU grad even though I don't claim to be, but that's a story for another day. My first BMW was from DeFouwe because way back then D&R wouldn't deal. I also live off of 96th but to the west of Keystone, so I'll keep an eye out for you. I think you'll like the gloss black trim as long as you keep it wiped down. I think it really brings out the class along with the sportiness. There already is plenty of aluminum trim to go along with it.
That is pretty funny. I will tell you that the "regular" sales staff at Defouw BMW does not seem that great. It happens that my father-in-law had leased a small fleet of vehicles for a company there in Lafayette from Defouw GMC/Chevrolet, so I used his sales person and he just ran the deal through the BMW portion. Nice guy, not super knowledgeable about BMWs, but if you know what you want and fill out the specs exactly, he is good to work with. If you are like me, and on a whim decide to "just" get a 3 series, better read up on it more before ordering.

Anyhow, D&R will barely give me the time of day when I go in there. You can just feel when someone is judging you to not be able to afford their product. I had to practically tackle someone to help us. Mind you we had just driven a $69g lexus prior to going to there and they helped us without hesitation. I found that Mercedes dealership on 96th to be the best I have dealt with though.

The way I approached the deal with Defouw was to find what I believed to be my best reasonable deal online, using consumer reports and this web site and then ask the salesperson if we had a deal. He green lighted it, so 335 will be here next week. If you are in the market again, PM me for his name.

Incidentally, I just got the email telling me my car is at the dealer. Oh man, it is going to be a tough couple of days waiting to go pick it up.

Last edited by ckimmel; 03-11-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #48
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

Quote:
That is pretty funny. I will tell you that the "regular" sales staff at Defouw BMW does not seem that great. It happens that my father-in-law had leased a small fleet of vehicles for a company there in Lafayette from Defouw GMC/Chevrolet, so I used his sales person and he just ran the deal through the BMW portion. Nice guy, not super knowledgeable about BMWs, but if you know what you want and fill out the specs exactly, he is good to work with. If you are like me, and on a whim decide to "just" get a 3 series, better read up on it more before ordering.

Anyhow, D&R will barely give me the time of day when I go in there. You can just feel when someone is judging you to not be able to afford their product. I had to practically tackle someone to help us. Mind you we had just driven a $69g lexus prior to going to there and they helped us without hesitation. I found that Mercedes dealership on 96th to be the best I have dealt with though.

The way I approached the deal with Defouw was to find what I believed to be my best reasonable deal online, using consumer reports and this web site and then ask the salesperson if we had a deal. He green lighted it, so 335 will be here next week. If you are in the market again, PM me for his name.

Incidentally, I just got the email telling me my car is at the dealer. Oh man, it is going to be a tough couple of days waiting to go pick it up.
Congrats! Next couple of days will be hell, haha! Thanks for the offer, but my new one is sitting at "Bimmerheaven" waiting on a boat. They know me well now at D&R, and I always get the same great deal through Kevin, my CA. Also, Mike is my SA who also is great if you need to take yours there for service.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #49
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:

Congrats, My car only just entered the pre production stage. I am already going nuts lol.

Hope you enjoy the car
Appreciate 0